Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:15 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
longside1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 693
Default

Hi Bahadir!

Whilst both photographs are great, the first is my favourite. Can't quite put my finger on why, but it's a great shot. Prehaps the combination of beautiful light, amazing scenery and the people having fun in the water.

Whenever I see photo's like this, I always wonder if thepeople in the shot are aware of the special moment in time they are part of?

Makes me wish I could have been splashing around!
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:49 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
malinstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lichfield, UK
Posts: 149
Default

I should have spoken to you before I went on holiday. The only beach I found in Kusadasi was in the town centre where the cruise ships dock. That first picture looks so much nicer.
malinstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Dear friends, sorry for the late reply for I have been busy with making wine for the pastfew days for its the season around where I live :-D



Gisli wrote:
Quote:
Great sunset's my friend the 1#is my fav

Gisli
Thank you for indicating your preference my friend! Btw, I should say yourbeautiful pictures hasprovided a good dealof inspiration in this forum ; )

.................................................. ......

pj1974 wrote:


Quote:
Hi Bahadir

You have shared more than just the lovely golden colours of summer ... you have shared the feeling of it!

The mark of the great photographer that you are. Love both photos, perhaps the composition of number 2 edges out number 1 for me. But both are fantastic! Making me long for summer here too (we're already into spring, which is good!)

Cheers!

Paul
Dear Paul,I am happy toreceive anothercomprehensive feedbackof yours : )Withthe sun sunsetting from theright inthe firstandleft in the next, I modestly intended to attainsome balanceof mases ineither picture butthrough some different ways. Glad to hear it has worked somehow! Btw, I envy your being about spring:-)


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:07 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bahadir!

Whilst both photographs are great, the first is my favourite. Can't quite put my finger on why, but it's a great shot. Prehaps the combination of beautiful light, amazing scenery and the people having fun in the water.

Whenever I see photo's like this, I always wonder if thepeople in the shot are aware of the special moment in time they are part of?

Makes me wish I could have been splashing around!
Dear friend,thank you for providinganother exclusive feedbackI've read with joy!

Actually, as with you recent experience I too had taken thesecompositions posed with different exposures initially meant to be HDRbut then went with raw conversion instead to preserve the pleasing simplicity of a moment's impression. After all, as you've also poit outed out, it is the vigour of feeling which preceeds!

................................................... ...................

malinstreakwrote:

Quote:
I should have spoken to you before I went on holiday. The only beach I found in Kusadasi was in the town centre where the cruise ships dock. That first picture looks so much nicer.
Hey, that was what I was about to tell : ) Thank you for your kind appreciation!


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:00 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
longside1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 693
Default

Bahadir, my old friend, cast your eye to your message inbox......
longside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:08 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,699
Default

lovely shots, Bahadir... i can almost feel the warm evening air, the gentle sea breeze... i like them both, but the first seems to have a special feel to it, almost wistful, as bathers try to capture the last moments of the day, and the last days of summer before both slip away. is it my imagination, or is the first one tilted ever so slightly to the right? regardless, it's a marvelous shot, and what lovely scenery you have to work with, too!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:05 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default



longside1 wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir, my old friend, cast your eye to your message inbox......
Oh, thank you so much for your kind reminder hinting me atreasure chest, my friend : )

.................................................. ............

squirl033wrote:

Quote:
lovely shots, Bahadir... i can almost feel the warm evening air, the gentle sea breeze... i like them both, but the first seems to have a special feel to it, almost wistful, as bathers try to capture the last moments of the day, and the last days of summer before both slip away. is it my imagination, or is the first one tilted ever so slightly to the right? regardless, it's a marvelous shot, and what lovely scenery you have to work with, too!
Happy to receive this lovely and heartily feedback from you!Actually summer has slipped away, at least on paper... Still, walking out today with that thought in my mind, I felt no difference than a mid August day except for the an earlier sunset ! Btw, your imagination (regardingthe tilt) hasnow affected mine:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:53 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Lovely shots, like the composition in #1.....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:43 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

musket wrote:
Quote:
Lovely shots, like the composition in #1.....................musket
Thanks a lot for letting me know about your preference, my friend
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:07 AM.