Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:13 AM   #1

Snapped this shot last night on the Washington Bridge. Glad the handrail worked as a tripod :-)

Thanks for looking!
Chris

cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:18 PM   #2

Dear Chris, you captured some very nice late evening colours at the background fitting the rustiness of the metal : )

I'd even try a crop such as belowafter a little straightening, drawing a parallellbetween the two bridges...Ah, if only there were a little more to the bottom! You might have shot a few more perhaps??
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:26 AM   #3

Hi Chris!

Great capture, of a fantastic scene of that area ... while I've not been to NY (or US for that matter) - I know a thing or two about the Bronx... at least it's "public reputation"!

Thanks for sharing this with us. And it's very convenient indeed, that you could use the handrail to steady your shot. Effective stabilisation!

I immediately thought that this photo is showing us too MUCH when I first viewed it, and my cropping idea would be similar to Bahadir's, or maybe even removing that final arch at the left of his crop (also because the city shade/skyline in the distance changes at this level too).

Also, when my eye was (later) drawn to the train tracks at the bottom, I saw another potential crop.... this time the low resolution maybe shows up noticeably... but what do you think of this?

Thanks again for sharing! It's great we can see a part of your neck of the woods too.

Paul

Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:44 AM   #4

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

cmoy wrote:

Quote:
Snapped this shot last night on the Washington Bridge. Glad the handrail worked as a tripod :-)

Thanks for looking!
Chris
Very special night cityscape picture. The geometric forms, triangular shapes, half circles, parabels and contrasting elements make it an outstanding field of discovery for the eyes.

The rails, the light spots, the diagonals Xx ... All in all a truly great photograph. Congratulations, Chris

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:22 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Dear Chris, you captured some very nice late evening colours at the background fitting the rustiness of the metal : )

I'd even try a crop such as belowafter a little straightening, drawing a parallellbetween the two bridges...Ah, if only there were a little more to the bottom! You might have shot a few more perhaps??
I like it Bahadir! I'll try a few different crops. Seems that Paul and I had the same idea :-) I just have to try it. Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:23 AM   #6

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Chris!

Great capture, of a fantastic scene of that area ... while I've not been to NY (or US for that matter) - I know a thing or two about the Bronx... at least it's "public reputation"!

Thanks for sharing this with us. And it's very convenient indeed, that you could use the handrail to steady your shot. Effective stabilisation!

I immediately thought that this photo is showing us too MUCH when I first viewed it, and my cropping idea would be similar to Bahadir's, or maybe even removing that final arch at the left of his crop (also because the city shade/skyline in the distance changes at this level too).

Also, when my eye was (later) drawn to the train tracks at the bottom, I saw another potential crop.... this time the low resolution maybe shows up noticeably... but what do you think of this?

Thanks again for sharing! It's great we can see a part of your neck of the woods too.

Paul

I was thinking the exact same crop Paul! I'll play around and see what I come up with. Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:26 AM   #7

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

cmoy wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
Chris
Very special night cityscape picture. The geometric forms, triangular shapes, half circles, parabels and contrasting elements make it an outstanding field of discovery for the eyes.

The rails, the light spots, the diagonals Xx ... All in all a truly great photograph. Congratulations, Chris

Torgny

Thanks Torny! I didn't realize what I had till I downloaded the photo to my computer. There's a lot going on in the photo which is what I like about it. Bahadir and Paul has good ideas about cropping. I can make a few different photos out of the original shot
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:31 PM   #8

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:

cmoy wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
Chris

Torgny

Thanks Torny! I didn't realize what I had till I downloaded the photo to my computer. There's a lot going on in the photo which is what I like about it. Bahadir and Paul has good ideas about cropping. I can make a few different photos out of the original shot
To me you can very well leave it the way it is - a very exciting journey in one piece. And of course there are a lot of cropping possibilities.

/T

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:36 PM   #9

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Torgny wrote:
Quote:

cmoy wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
Chris

Torgny

To me you can very well leave it the way it is - a very exciting journey in one piece. And of course there are a lot of cropping possibilities.

/T

Thanks again Torgny!
Old Oct 19, 2008, 5:07 PM   #10

This is nice Chris i like it, i probably would crop right up to the bridge
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote