Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:56 PM   #11

Nicely done series. I really enjoy the fall colors and we've had great submissions from all over the world.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:19 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

mckeand13 wrote:

Quote:
Was it dark enough to use those low shutter speeds or did you have some sort of filter on to "darken" the daylight?

Awesome pics. I love that type of subject.
Thank you, mckeand13. Used the lowest ISO and, yes, the pictures were taken in the darkening afternoon.

Would like to have some natural density filters though. As I understand it there are ND filters of various "strengths"

Did some gamma correction to get a darker tone. And above all, the greatest saturator of all, the rain, had fallen the hours before

Thank you for your interest

Torgny

Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 8:27 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

ac.smith wrote:

Quote:
Nicely done series. I really enjoy the fall colors and we've had great submissions from all over the world.

A. C.

Thank you very much A. C. Yes, fall colours are wonderful in all their variety, offering a wealth of photo opportunities. Personally I find early spring to be the most challenging season

Yes, not that the planet has "shrunk", but the interactive media make it easy to communicate. Wonderful. Thank you A. C.

Torgny

Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:52 PM   #14

Hey Torgny,
I don't really care for #6, but I do like the other shots! These shots need time to explore, a thing, that I really like in pictures (drawn/painted/photographed).

- #1 is wonderful,
- #2 and 3 have a special "something", but there is also something missing, at least I have that feeling (hard to explain)
- #4 is great: the leafs on top, the green below and all this separated by the water. The small bunch of green peeking through the leafes like a lil' rebel... I love it. My only complaint is, that the moss looks a tad "too green" on my monitor, but since the other colors look fine I guess that's correct and normal for your region
- #5 could useone or twosharp (steady/static) objects to emphasize the flowing water (am I nit-picky, or what?)
- #7... I'd love to see a version with the DOF a bit more towards the background, my eyes just keep trying to get focus around the two small moss clusters for some unknown reason and thus it's confusing to look at that image for me

Very nice series, well done!

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 3:07 PM   #15

#7 has to be my favourite. I can see what you're saying though thkn777, I think it is because those two are more luminous than the foreground ones on the bottom left. Perhaps evening them out more would at least nullify that.
Gerafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:38 PM   #16

thkn777 wrote:

Quote:
Hey Torgny,
I don't really care for #6, but I do like the other shots! These shots need time to explore, a thing, that I really like in pictures (drawn/painted/photographed).

- #1 is wonderful,
- #2 and 3 have a special "something", but there is also something missing, at least I have that feeling (hard to explain)
- #4 is great: the leafs on top, the green below and all this separated by the water. The small bunch of green peeking through the leafes like a lil' rebel... I love it. My only complaint is, that the moss looks a tad "too green" on my monitor, but since the other colors look fine I guess that's correct and normal for your region
- #5 could useone or twosharp (steady/static) objects to emphasize the flowing water (am I nit-picky, or what?)
- #7... I'd love to see a version with the DOF a bit more towards the background, my eyes just keep trying to get focus around the two small moss clusters for some unknown reason and thus it's confusing to look at that image for me

Very nice series, well done!

Th.
Thanks Th. for your very detailed reply. You are right about the pictures and I'll remember you appreciation and advice. There sure is plenty of space for improvement :-)

Torgny

Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:42 PM   #17

Gerafix wrote:

Quote:
#7 has to be my favourite. I can see what you're saying though thkn777, I think it is because those two are more luminous than the foreground ones on the bottom left. Perhaps evening them out more would at least nullify that.
Thanks, Gerafix. Made a try in PSCS4 to even out in your direction. Don't know if it is better or worse but anyhow ...

Have no access to the RAW file. There wasn't much space left on the CF card so I had switched to .jpg only

Torgny