Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Sometimes itturns out to be agood idea bearing theburden ofyour gearona rainy day in case the cloudsmight part for a while...

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:47 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir wrote:

Quote:
Sometimes itturns out to be agood idea bearing theburden ofyour gearona rainy day in case the cloudsmight part for a while...

Agree. Best possible photo conditions. After rain. When the sun shines through from a low position. You struck gold in the....

Often wondered; can there be a shadow of a shadow, can there be a reflection of a reflection. And a third, a fourth etcetera meta levels

At least I can see reflections of shadows in these pictures

In a rain pool on a football site. Great

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 4:32 PM   #3

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
Agree. Best possible photo conditions. After rain. When the sun shines through from a low position. You struck gold in the....

Often wondered; can there be a shadow of a shadow, can there be a reflection of a reflection. And a third, a fourth etcetera meta levels

At least I can see reflections of shadows in these pictures

In a rain pool on a football site. Great

Torgny

Thanks youthefeedback put thus eloquently...I'm happy the technique helps me convey the subtle elements you speak of, which havealways moved me in a scenevisable to my naked eyesbutregrettably neglected bythe sensor, at least,ina singleexposure!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 4:21 AM   #4

Talk about clouds coming to life excellent my friend did you apply a little hdr to these as it sort of looks like it, also great reflections on the last 3
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:48 AM   #5

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Talk about clouds coming to life excellent my friend did you apply a little hdr to these as it sort of looks like it, also great reflections on the last 3
Thank you for the feedback my friend! They are all hdrs (each comprising five shots). I've always been a greatfan ofclouds, especially on the past few months around here...Btw, it wasdelightful to remain at the campus as everyone was deserting walking past the reflections : )
Old Dec 15, 2008, 6:02 AM   #6

Excellent captures bahadir. Impressionists such as Turner or even Monet would have enjoyed sitting there capturing every movement of light and shadow especially in your first shot. Quite like the pedestrian on the left too. Thanks for sharing.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:03 AM   #7

MVASteve wrote:
Quote:
Excellent captures bahadir. Impressionists such as Turner or even Monet would have enjoyed sitting there capturing every movement of light and shadow especially in your first shot. Quite like the pedestrian on the left too. Thanks for sharing.
Dear Steve,you've mentionedthe masters whose workscompell me to observe for long minutes to find more each time Ihappen to see one...Hope we could pass some of this apprecion while at school. As for the pedestrian;considering her an important element I had enlightened the area somewhat at the PS after the hdr job. So, I am quite happy to read your feedback about it now : )
Old Dec 17, 2008, 5:11 PM   #8

an excellent series, Bahadir... the lighting, the colors, the reflections are all so nicely captured, in wonderful detail, giving the feel of calm after a brief storm. well done!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 8:55 PM   #9

The first one is breathtaking. Very nicely done. I thought maybe a more dramatic treatment might give an entirely different feel to the image:

Edit: Now that I see them both in the same place, I guess I like the original better.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:09 AM   #10

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
an excellent series, Bahadir... the lighting, the colors, the reflections are all so nicely captured, in wonderful detail, giving the feel of calm after a brief storm. well done!
Thank you so muchfor the incentive feedback! We're enjoyingan abundance ofrain for somemonths andI started to like photographingin the campusas much as studying there : )

.................................................. ................................

The Barbarian wrote:
Quote:
The first one is breathtaking. Very nicely done. I thought maybe a more dramatic treatment might give an entirely different feel to the image:

Edit: Now that I see them both in the same place, I guess I like the original better.
Thank you both for your feedback and youreffort, my friend! I really like the campus andthat picture is my fave as well.Btw, I'd always like to see an interpretation by yourself whether ornot you mightlike the original more : )