Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:33 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

That's been an absorbingtheme, Torgny!

The 2nd picture, especially, appealed to me,in which Ilikened the figures toworshippers heading fortheZiggurat rising ahead dedicated to E-anna...
Oh, what knowledge can do to enrich life, bahadir. I can follow your vision, I hope. Egyptian heritage in Sumerian shape, is it? The sky god An in Uruk version?

E-anna separating the sky from the earth?

Nice prefix, the E-

Yes, the sun and our forefathers are worthy objects

Please correct if my lack of deeper knowledge about the dawn of culture shines through in these few words

Have read parts of the Gilgamesh, but it was a while ago

Torgny
"In my city man dies; oppressed is my heart.
Man perishes;
heavy is my heart . . .
Man, the tallest, cannot stretch to heaven;
Man, the widest, cannot cover the earth"

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:11 AM   #12

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
''In my city man dies; oppressed is my heart.
Man perishes;
heavy is my heart . . .
Man, the tallest, cannot stretch to heaven;
Man, the widest, cannot cover the earth"
Dear Torgny, consideringthe time we're witnessing, that's been a verywise selection from Gilgamesh; the world's firstlong epic poem about the wise and adventurous legendary Sumerian king seekingimmortalityrevolting against some gods!! writtenabout 15 centuriesbeforemy fellow citizen Homeros wrote Illiad!

Actually Itry not to compare cultures as some 'armchair' anthropologists of the 19th century did, but if some heritage is sought in shaping another, it should be that of Sumerians who first introduced writing (whichofficially divides 'history' and 'pre-history'), established schools, invented bronze casting (thusbringing an end to the 'lithic' ages starting the 'bronze age' ) and who first established city states (such autonomious entities did not exist in ancient Egypt even at the height of its civilization)

As you said it is the knowledge which enrich life,enabling you feel fresh with a daily sleep four-five hours,making you appear as the 'most religious' person (in form and norm), still, withoutconstricting yourself toany of the 'presupposed' three'Abrahamic'religions...and having you considerhuman affairsasechoes in eternity from way way back...Oh, I, therefore, would like to attend these figures in your picture happily, in the wayto'my beloved'E-anna :-)

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:03 AM   #13

Excellent shots and especially the 3rd WOW
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote