Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:03 PM   #1

Recently I paid a visit to a good friend of minetobless his 'dream cottage' he managed to buildbeside his belowed mountains, with my home made wine! Btw, regarding the title, we call a very good friend 'brother'.

Asyou see, the weather wasa bit much flat for photography without a sky! but I kept on shooting anyway, and even posted here!

#1 The view from the surrounding verandah : ) Btw, to the bottom of the picture you can see the rools of pipes for drip irrigation.

#2 Stepping downthe verandahstartsourlittle tour...

#3 ....

#4 ....

#5 ....

#6 ....

#7 The water is brought from the mountains with a tiny pipe to be collected in this pond.

#8 Insideisn't made for sitting long but mightmake a nice studio with available lighting ; )

#9 You can see the reflection of the integrated kitchen!! in the mirror below the old clock.

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:40 PM   #2

This is a beautiful place!! I find the photo of the pond very soothing and the warmth of that fire very inviting! I hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit of your first photo in Lightroom.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; May 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:06 PM   #3

Beautiful views! Thank youfor taking these NICE shots even though it was cloudy!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:07 PM   #4

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
This is a beautiful place!! I find the photo of the pond very soothing and the warmth of that fire very inviting! I hope you don't mind but I did a quick edit of your first photo in Lightroom.

Bob
Oh, please do not hesitate to post any suggestion or tasteful edit of yours my friend! Actually I was a bit concerned, especially, about the lack of contrast in #1. Glad I could do some justice to the place you call beautiful : )

.................................................. ................

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful views! Thank youfor taking these NICE shots even though it was cloudy!
Happyto hear yourrewarding feedback!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:30 AM   #5

Ah such nice shots and seems like a very cozy place to sit and have a drink my friend in #2 is that a bbq that is made of bricks or a well since it does have a big concrete covering it on top, maybe also in #1 & #2 a use of the burn tool just to darken the background a little (in my mind at least) but in CS4 they really improved the dodge and burn by 100% if you uncheck the protect tones will show you how it was in previous PS #8 why wouldn't it be for sitting long especially with that beautiful view of the mountains and to top it off a pretty nice fireplace, good job on these pictures my friend

btw taken with your Pentax?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:44 PM   #6

Really nice work, Bahadir. Makes me wish I was there -I love the view from the living room. Cheers, Dan
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 9:46 AM   #7

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Ah such nice shots and seems like a very cozy place to sit and have a drink my friend in #2 is that a bbq that is made of bricks or a well since it does have a big concrete covering it on top, maybe also in #1 & #2 a use of the burn tool just to darken the background a little (in my mind at least) but in CS4 they really improved the dodge and burn by 100% if you uncheck the protect tones will show you how it was in previous PS #8 why wouldn't it be for sitting long especially with that beautiful view of the mountains and to top it off a pretty nice fireplace, good job on these pictures my friend

btw taken with your Pentax?

I've been quite pleased to read your extensive feedback my friend! Thank you foryour suggestions about the background also.Ah, there's even differenceediting at day time and night time the more you approximate to the mediterranean, you know : ) ha ha! we've quiteenjoyed the CS4,have we not?Btw,regarding #8 it's only that we often prefer to sit outdoors around here. However as youput it quite insightfully,the place proved to be a great place for a looong sitaccompanied bygood wine that nightAnd yes! they were taken with the K10D...

PS.in #2 is a brick table and seat with large stone slabs on.

.................................................. ..

fishguy wrote:

Quote:
Really nice work, Bahadir. Makes me wish I was there -I love the view from the living room. Cheers, Dan
Thank you for your kind remarks. Hey,I always have wine to offera friend coming from long long away! So, we can organize a'symposium' including yourselfif you ever pay a visitaround here : )
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:31 PM   #8

looks like some beautiful countryside "in your brother's garden", Bahadir.... but frankly, that interior shot with the fireplace is truly wonderful. so inviting, a cozy spot perfect for a glass or two of your wine and some good conversation... with the fireplace in the corner, and the lit candle, it looks like a photo out of one of those "Better Homes" type magazines. beautifully done...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:08 PM   #9

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
looks like some beautiful countryside "in your brother's garden", Bahadir.... but frankly, that interior shot with the fireplace is truly wonderful. so inviting, a cozy spot perfect for a glass or two of your wine and some good conversation... with the fireplace in the corner, and the lit candle, it looks like a photo out of one of those "Better Homes" type magazines. beautifully done...
Thank you for theheartily feedback.Regarding the interior shot; happily exploited the findings of your good observations after the capture! Actually I did not even care for the mess, which I consider sign of life : ) Btw, I learned that the chairswere from IKEA:-)
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:07 PM   #10

Im drawn to both 5 and 8. nice shots
vexedviking is offline   Reply With Quote