Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:32 AM   #1

Last Sunday some of us from the Photography club of Sparta went on a small trip that ended up being a 4 hour drive:G
these 2 shots were taken in a village called Georgitsa and this is a real
fighter jet that was given to the village in memory to their lost ones in war

Then we went up to this Monastery

Then driving away we saw this nice couple and decided to go up and take a few
shots, i thought that we were going to have to make a run for it as bees were all
over the place

Last stop was at this small very old chapel that has this tree growing out of it

and the four of us guys set our cameras on timer and ran over for a picture
Thanks for viewing

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:07 PM   #2

So,asunday outwith the Photography club... Sounds so nice my friend and the folks look good to talk to as well:-) Ah, I wish I could...

It's the fifth picturewiththat lovely village overlooking avalley from the side of a steep hill as if from a fairy tale, which made me stop by for a looong while...Btw, honeycombs quite grabbed my attention but for gourmetic reasons!!Oh, I hope you've arrangeda visit there again in July or so to get a fewframes full of real honey
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:15 PM   #3

I agree, #5 is both a beautiful scene and a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.

Note for record the jet fighter is a Lockheed F104 Starfighter. It was claimed to be the first operational fighter capable of sustained Mach 2 speeds and the first pure jet powered aircraft to climb above 100,000 feet.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:49 PM   #4

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
So,asunday outwith the Photography club... Sounds so nice my friend and the folks look good to talk to as well:-) Ah, I wish I could...

It's the fifth picturewiththat lovely village overlooking avalley from the side of a steep hill as if from a fairy tale, which made me stop by for a looong while...Btw, honeycombs quite grabbed my attention but for gourmetic reasons!!Oh, I hope you've arrangeda visit there again in July or so to get a fewframes full of real honey
Thanks my friend it is nice with great laughs, actually when i walked up those steps in #4 and got myself to the top it was a beautiful view and thought this would be a good 5 shot Pano, i like the way it turned out, as to visit the same spot to take pictures of real honey it's a little to far but we have a bunch here to shoot
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:52 PM   #5

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
I agree, #5 is both a beautiful scene and a beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.

Note for record the jet fighter is a Lockheed F104 Starfighter. It was claimed to be the first operational fighter capable of sustained Mach 2 speeds and the first pure jet powered aircraft to climb above 100,000 feet.

A. C.

Thanks for your appreciation A.C. you sure know your planes i didn't have a clue on what kind it was thanks for the lesson
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:50 PM   #6

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Last Sunday some of us from the Photography club of Sparta went on a small trip that ended up being a 4 hour drive:G

Last stop was at this small very old chapel that has this tree growing out of it

Great photos, hercules. The two above are my favourites and as a "primus inter pares" the black and white with the outstanding exit

Is it the Tamron 18-270?

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:31 AM   #7

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

Great photos, hercules. The two above are my favourites and as a "primus inter pares" the black and white with the outstanding exit

Is it the Tamron 18-270?

Torgny

Thanks for your appreciation my friend yes they were shot with the Tamron 18-270 which is a pretty good lens for what it is also that day we also went for a stroll in the forrest these were shot with the Tamron 17-50

Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:15 AM   #8

I like the "babbling brook" photos as well, particularly the second one with the stream running at a diagonal through the frame under the canopy of trees.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote