Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 12, 2009, 8:40 AM   #11

In the second shot the steamy appearance of the water near the rocks really adds to the whole ominous feel. (as mtngal clearly stated). Amazing how clouds, weather can stir different emotions.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 9:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Wonderful images, and 'telling a story', too!

Are these single images or HDR combos? If the first, brilliant exposure control; if the second, we'll all have to do it if we want images like this.
As I was posting the pictures above I remembered you loved the cloudscapes, and I wished you'd see them. Glad you did and liked the story as well : ) Both are hdr combos as you stated. Ah, I was aware the weak sensor, in a single shot, could hardly convey such a dynamic range as the late afternoon light hit sideways on the rain pouring monster cloud hovering in the blue sky and the foliage as well as the white paint on human artefacts on the ground...Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 9:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVASteve View Post
In the second shot the steamy appearance of the water near the rocks really adds to the whole ominous feel. (as mtngal clearly stated). Amazing how clouds, weather can stir different emotions.
Thank you for the insightful words, Steve. Actually, it is amazing to consider the variety of emotions put by the authors observing the elements of nature you mention... Ah, btw, needless to mention about my effort of gently wiping off the salt remains on the lens after I got to somewhere stable and dry : )
Old May 12, 2009, 11:04 AM   #14
conor

Beautiful pictures, though I will admit that I much prefer the second one; you can actually see (and nearly feel) the depth of the photo.
Old May 12, 2009, 6:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Beautiful pictures, though I will admit that I much prefer the second one; you can actually see (and nearly feel) the depth of the photo.
Thank you for the kind feedback indicating your preference also. Hey, the only risk I though of at the time of shooting there was being struck by a lightning
Old May 13, 2009, 3:55 AM   #16

hello bahadir, I like the second one too, really nice, the the first one is a little blue for me, but still a good shot.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 4:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
...I remembered you loved the cloudscapes, and I wished you'd see them.
Thanks, bahadir. You're not only a good photographer, but a man with a long memory as well!

During my recent Easter holiday in N. England & Scotland, in untypically bright & sunny weather, I experienced lots of trouble with excessive contrast, to which HDR would be the answer. Sadly, I can't ever see myself carrying a proper tripod routinely. My everyday kit is very light - 832g in a very small bag including spare batteries, tiny 10cm pocket tripod and other bits, when my not-very solid tripod weigs 1600g! So cutting & pasting bits of images between fairly well-aligned handheld bracketed exposures is probably as far as I'll get.

Last edited by Alan T; May 13, 2009 at 4:32 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 4:31 AM   #18
eu

Bahadir,
I'm surprised when I checked and see my last post was in Jan '08.
It is really frustrating, but not because neglecting the forum, but for missing the opportunity to see your shots.

For about the photos, if they were taken on the 1st day of May I was on the other side of the bay then and were hardly seeing your side behind the clouds and rain.

I loved the impression I got from the second.

emre.
eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 7:38 AM   #19

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
It was lovely to watch the cloud pouring rain on the other side of the bay in the late afternoon from the balcony of my flat...

...Then I found myself by the seaside just a few minutes' drive from home! Hey, this time, I had a hard time trying to keep the camera stable and secure on the tripod by pressing hard from above while shooting !!
First picture. Great light papier maché like lower part of the picture. Impression(istic) Why should we move under the surface, is there really any gain

Second picture. Dark expression(istic) The mind mirrored in the forces of nature. The wrath. Do we have the right to only enjoy the superficial. Albatross' crossing

Torgny

Last edited by Torgny; May 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 9:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex james View Post
hello bahadir, I like the second one too, really nice, the the first one is a little blue for me, but still a good shot.
Thank you for your kind assessment my friend! What about the version below?
Attached Images