Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 12, 2009, 8:28 AM   #11

Thanks for sharing hercules. The white buildings/architecture look great against the blue sky. Looks like you had some very pleasant clear weather too.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 4:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVASteve View Post
Thanks for sharing hercules. The white buildings/architecture look great against the blue sky. Looks like you had some very pleasant clear weather too.
Thanks Steve, yes the weather was fantastic
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 11:07 AM   #13

These are some lovely shots my friend, quite a few years ago I stayed in an hotel in Athens when I looked up I could see the Acropolis, took some nice shots myself but sadly when we went home left my camera there, its so nice to see this great place again.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 4:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex james View Post
These are some lovely shots my friend, quite a few years ago I stayed in an hotel in Athens when I looked up I could see the Acropolis, took some nice shots myself but sadly when we went home left my camera there, its so nice to see this great place again.
Thanks for your appreciation Alex, sorry to hear about your camera i bet that made you really mad.
Old May 17, 2009, 5:28 AM   #15

Hi Hercules

Wonderful set of photos. Thanks for sharing. Athens is a beautiful city - and of course with that magnificent historical centrepiece - the Acropolis there.

When I was thee almost 3 years ago, there were such big crowds (even when I went there in early Oct 06, which isn't the peak season). Doesn't look so busy in your photos.

Lovely clear skies - and you managed to expose very good on all of them. The panorama of the city shows the view that is etched in my memory of that place.

Photo 2 is great without the people / construction. Looks "natural". I note the callistemom tree (in the foreground, of the statue photo). Greece flora (plants) were the most similar to Australian flora of any European country I was in.

I guess your boy had a good time. Were you asked to go along and help the teachers? (as you wrote it was a school trip?)

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2009, 6:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Hercules

Wonderful set of photos. Thanks for sharing. Athens is a beautiful city - and of course with that magnificent historical centrepiece - the Acropolis there.

When I was thee almost 3 years ago, there were such big crowds (even when I went there in early Oct 06, which isn't the peak season). Doesn't look so busy in your photos.

Lovely clear skies - and you managed to expose very good on all of them. The panorama of the city shows the view that is etched in my memory of that place.

Photo 2 is great without the people / construction. Looks "natural". I note the callistemom tree (in the foreground, of the statue photo). Greece flora (plants) were the most similar to Australian flora of any European country I was in.

I guess your boy had a good time. Were you asked to go along and help the teachers? (as you wrote it was a school trip?)

Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Paul thanks for your appreciation there was actually a lot of people there as at some times it was getting frustrating trying to take a picture and i was waiting for at least some people to walk by and then take the shot, on the 2nd photo i didn't want anybody in that picture but there was and i had to do some magic in PS, me and my son had a great time with other parents that came along, actually my son said he didn't want to go if i didn't tag along with him