Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 11, 2009, 4:51 PM   #1

Default School Trip With My Son To Acropolis.

Well finally got the chance to go back a very nice day as the weather is getting hot,
1st shot is the Parthenon

2, The Erechtheum.

and the back side of the Erechtheum.

and the view from the Acropolis

then after leaving below the Acropolis

i had to get real close to verify he wasn't a statue

Last shots at the Syntagma Square in central Athens and the changing of the guard (Evzones) but first 2 my son feeding the Pigeons at the square

and a neat touring bus that stopped there
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2009, 4:54 PM   #2

Ok now the changing of the Guards

Thanks for viewing
Old May 11, 2009, 4:59 PM   #3

Nice pics! There's something inherently WRONG about seeing a crane there. Complete anachronism.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 5:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Nice pics! There's something inherently WRONG about seeing a crane there. Complete anachronism.
Thanks John you must be talking about the Parthenon lol, you got me they didn't have cranes back then go figure, i still haven't figured out even how they built it yet, and it will even withstand an 8 Richter scale earthquake.
Old May 11, 2009, 5:46 PM   #5

Delighted to see the Doric and Ionic orders as well as the unique columns of the Erechtheum in the shape of draped maidens from the city of Pericles...Wish I'll be able to post a 'Bahadır in Athens' soon Your new K20D was a great companion in your trip away from home, I suppose Hey, your son looks so happy also
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 6:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Delighted to see the Doric and Ionic orders as well as the unique columns of the Erechtheum in the shape of draped maidens from the city of Pericles...Wish I'll be able to post a 'Bahadır in Athens' soon Your new K20D was a great companion in your trip away from home, I suppose Hey, your son looks so happy also
Thanks my friend just make sure Bahadir in Sparta soon also my K20D with the DA 17-70 lens i am very happy so far but one thing i noticed is when i try to do something in Photoshop like HDR and when i am done i click to save it and it tells me memory full when i have more than enough memory on my computer, it never did that with my canon cameras, also does Adobe have a RAW profile for the K20D like they do for the canons, because i can't find one on there site, and on the draped maidens actually funny thing is the stance they show is how modern models pose if you noticed
Old May 11, 2009, 10:48 PM   #7

Very nice pictures, some day I'd love to visit Greece. And I agree that the scaffolding seems out of place, but I guess they have to do something to maintain what's still standing once in a while.

When you say "raw profile", are you asking for the extra profiles that there are for some cameras, not just the usual raw conversion?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 1:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Thanks my friend just make sure Bahadir in Sparta soon also my K20D with the DA 17-70 lens i am very happy so far but one thing i noticed is when i try to do something in Photoshop like HDR and when i am done i click to save it and it tells me memory full when i have more than enough memory on my computer, it never did that with my canon cameras, also does Adobe have a RAW profile for the K20D like they do for the canons, because i can't find one on there site, and on the draped maidens actually funny thing is the stance they show is how modern models pose if you noticed
Elpida, my friend, elpida, crossing my fingers : ) As for the software issue, I don't think that has anything to do with the camera being Canon or Pentax, though the latter has really large files for jpeg's. Actually I've been witnessing more quirks of the CS4 than the day I started using it (you might remember), which I haven't experienced with the CS3. Closing the previous edits works in such a case of insufficient memory remainder, though I have tons of available memory!! In some other cases the CS4 also kindly remind me to close the program altogether So I start over! The reason could be about the kind of version(!!) we've been using. Still, I don't consider downgrading to CS3 yet.
Now about the columns of draped maidens; it's often amazing to observe how the past often changes while the future is fixed, according a rule of archeology...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 5:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Very nice pictures, some day I'd love to visit Greece. And I agree that the scaffolding seems out of place, but I guess they have to do something to maintain what's still standing once in a while.

When you say "raw profile", are you asking for the extra profiles that there are for some cameras, not just the usual raw conversion?
Thanks for your appreciation mtngal yes that is what i mean is the extra profile they have for some cameras.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Elpida, my friend, elpida, crossing my fingers : ) As for the software issue, I don't think that has anything to do with the camera being Canon or Pentax, though the latter has really large files for jpeg's. Actually I've been witnessing more quirks of the CS4 than the day I started using it (you might remember), which I haven't experienced with the CS3. Closing the previous edits works in such a case of insufficient memory remainder, though I have tons of available memory!! In some other cases the CS4 also kindly remind me to close the program altogether So I start over! The reason could be about the kind of version(!!) we've been using. Still, I don't consider downgrading to CS3 yet.
Now about the columns of draped maidens; it's often amazing to observe how the past often changes while the future is fixed, according a rule of archeology...
Lol we had the same version in CS3, I really like CS4 more than CS3 so i will be patient with it for a while and see as i had to close the program more than once and re-edit again thanks again my friend