Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 15, 2009, 4:00 AM   #1
eu

Default "River Deep, Mountain High"

I'm back here after a while.

A friends training hike for the next day's climb.
It was from my last expedition back in 2007. A 3030m. high (just above to be accepted as mountain) mountain near mediterranean coast.

The summit is far behind the rocks you see in front.

emre.
Attached Images

eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 4:50 AM   #2

Welcome back Emre! Great perspective in this photo!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 4:55 AM   #3
eu

Thank you my old friend. Good to hear your comment.

New cool avatar BTW. (maybe old, but I've just seen it)

emre.
Old May 15, 2009, 6:39 AM   #4

Wahoo! Kind of scene I longed see Emre!! The trail he leaves behind links the far and near...as if a figure one created in one's poem long time ago!Any pictures from the summit also? You may also have a photostream in Flickr I suppose. Btw, I am also pleased to see Bob with this occasion : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 7:56 AM   #5
eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Any pictures from the summit also?
Bahadir, upon your request, below there are two photos from the summit. One is taken by me (You'll recognize Hafize) The next one is including me in the frame, therefore a shot of someone else's.

Quote:
You may also have a photostream in Flickr I suppose.
To tell the truth, I have no idea about Flickr.

On the other hand my friend, I thought you would not miss recognizing the lyrics on the title.

emre.
Attached Images

Old May 15, 2009, 8:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu View Post
.....A 3030m. high (just above to be accepted as mountain) mountain..
I am hugely entertained by this, as someone whose highest unaided (no railways) peak was just 3000m (though I have been to higher Alpine huts without climbing the mountain due to bad weather).

But not as entertained as you would have been to read the British national news headlines recently on seeing this news item about a promoted British 'mountain'. Here anything rising over 2000 British Imperial feet (609m) is deemed to be a mountain! See...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/wales/2987113/Walkers-turn-Snowdonia-hill-into-a-mountain.html

Its view would be very similar to this (below); not quite so impressive!

Great pictures that take me back to my more athletic (younger) mountaineering days!

We have a whole feature film about these trivial height issues!...
http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=103146
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 9:34 AM   #7
eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am hugely entertained by this, as someone whose highest unaided (no railways) peak was just 3000m (though I have been to higher Alpine huts without climbing the mountain due to bad weather).

But not as entertained as you would have been to read the British national news headlines recently on seeing this news item about a promoted British 'mountain'. Here anything rising over 2000 British Imperial feet (609m) is deemed to be a mountain! See...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/wales/2987113/Walkers-turn-Snowdonia-hill-into-a-mountain.html
Quote:
We have a whole feature film about these trivial height issues!...
http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=103146
Both really entertained me a lot.
Also gives me hope for the future as there are still some people who has power and will to deal with such issues, whose main problem is to check the heights and describe them as hills or mountains. Wish I had only such concerns.

Quote:
Its view would be very similar to this (below); not quite so impressive!
It's peaceful, yet desolate. Maybe that's why it is peaceful, seems that nothing will be able to reach there to bother you.

Quote:
Great pictures that take me back to my more athletic (younger) mountaineering days!
I remember some of your old camping pictures with your family (was somewhere in Scandinavia ?).
But hey, don't discourage yourself, all you need to climb, is some 600 meters to continue mountaineering. Lucky being in UK.

Thank you Alan for making my day end with fun and also thanks for your research and appreciation to the pictures.

emre.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu View Post
Bahadir, upon your request, below there are two photos from the summit. One is taken by me (You'll recognize Hafize) The next one is including me in the frame, therefore a shot of someone else's.

To tell the truth, I have no idea about Flickr.

On the other hand my friend, I thought you would not miss recognizing the lyrics on the title.

emre.
Thank you my friend! So that, I could, at least, toast for the old days : )Oh, I can feel it on my face, I can even smell it...the summit!
Yea, I recognized Hafize and yourself of course! But, is that guy on the lefthandside an 'outstretched' İlker??

Btw, Flicky is very cool photo hosting and sharing website by Yahoo, where you can see photostreams of other photographers and also join verious groups! Just start your account and see for yourself. Highly recommended ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 2:03 AM   #9
eu

Quote:
Yea, I recognized Hafize and yourself of course! But, is that guy on the lefthandside an 'outstretched' İlker??

Btw, Flicky is very cool photo hosting and sharing website by Yahoo, where you can see photostreams of other photographers and also join verious groups! Just start your account and see for yourself. Highly recommended ; )
Yes Bahadır you noticed him well.

OK. I got Flickr to my to do list. Who knows when it reaches to top.

emre.
Old May 16, 2009, 6:40 AM   #10

Hi Emre and welcome back

Lovely first photo... the foot steps / prints in the snow are very clear and the steps are very steady! Well done.

The sky colour and exposure is spot on (also for the "peak" photos). I know from experience, snow and bright sunlight are not easy to get "right".

It's also good reading all the other posts - including the reflections of Alan and Bahadir.

cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote