Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Landscape Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/)
-   -   Hawes, North Yorkshire (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos/155857-hawes-north-yorkshire.html)

Baz Jones Jun 1, 2009 4:33 PM

Hawes, North Yorkshire

1 Attachment(s)
Market town in The Yorkshire dales

Doodlebug Gail Jun 1, 2009 5:07 PM

What a peaceful, tranquil scene ...... just the type of place I'd like to live.

Doodlebug Gail

eu Jun 2, 2009 3:54 AM

Looks like a beautiful small town. Has a good transition as well; vast green hills, the fields, and the town center with trees.

I wonder if it is really that much green? It looks like it is a little bit over-green.

emre.

Torgny Jun 2, 2009 6:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baz Jones (Post 973689)
Market town in The Yorkshire dales

Oh, such concentrated beauty. And the eye doesn't hesitate. You've got a magic spot. Wonderful photo, Baz

Torgny

Baz Jones Jun 2, 2009 8:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eu (Post 973831)
Looks like a beautiful small town. Has a good transition as well; vast green hills, the fields, and the town center with trees.

I wonder if it is really that much green? It looks like it is a little bit over-green.

emre.

Looks Greener From Where I'm Standing, Although It's not
quite as quaint as appearances may suggest.

Alan T Jun 2, 2009 9:21 AM

I was there in the Dales at Easter, and it really is that green. I am perpetually amazed at how green is our landscape. To match what I can see with my own eyes out of our Cheshire windows (right eye in evf viewfinder, left eye looking at the the real world), I have to turn my camera's color setting up to 'high color' from its default.

Come and visit us, emre, quickly, before climate change browns the English countryside!

eu Jun 3, 2009 3:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 973925)
I was there in the Dales at Easter, and it really is that green. I am perpetually amazed at how green is our landscape. To match what I can see with my own eyes out of our Cheshire windows (right eye in evf viewfinder, left eye looking at the the real world), I have to turn my camera's color setting up to 'high color' from its default.

Come and visit us, emre, quickly, before climate change browns the English countryside!

Thank you Alan both for convincing me about the level of green and for your invitation.

I'd love to visit your country to see lovely landscape. I don't think you mention the season change from spring to summer for the color change. If it is global warming makes you concerned, I hope to be there before it happens.

Absolutely, you will always be welcomed here too. I may roughly recommend Black Sea region for immense green plateaus, and Aegean and Mediterranean coast for wonderful seaside and ancient world heritage. Of course, not to mention Istanbul and Anatolia with their multi cultural heritage.

emre.

simple Jun 3, 2009 2:34 PM

i live in yorkshire and yup it does have some/plenty green pastures , you could say im as yorkshire as yorkshire gets :)