Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:10 AM   #1

Default Hokkaido farmlands

Taken with an S5 Pro and AFS 18-300mm DX Nikkor this July on an excursion to Furano county in Hokkaido. For more viewing of the series, please click the following: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wk7leung/page5/

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:22 AM   #2

Wow,
The colors are so intense. Been to Hokkaido but unfortunately did not visit this area at the time. Maybe time for another visit.
Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 5:08 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk7leung View Post
Taken with an S5 Pro and AFS 18-300mm DX Nikkor this July on an excursion to Furano county in Hokkaido. For more viewing of the series, please click the following: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wk7leung/page5/

Breathtaking landscape pictures. The S5 Pro shows it's inherent artistic possibilities

//T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvin View Post
Wow,
The colors are so intense. Been to Hokkaido but unfortunately did not visit this area at the time. Maybe time for another visit.
Aloha
Thanks for viewing and giving comments. Time to go now before it is too late. Pete
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Breathtaking landscape pictures. The S5 Pro shows it's inherent artistic possibilities

//T
The F2 (i.e. the slide) mode of the camera is really good for landscape photography, giving shots good tonal contrast and vivid colors. Thanks for the compliments. Pete
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:54 PM   #6

These are unbelievably gorgeous! I lived in Japan as a small boy (Misawa), and visited the Emperor's Palace several times. I found the country to be quite beautiful and rich with culture as well as unique architecture. I always enjoy your photos, you are quite gifted. Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
These are unbelievably gorgeous! I lived in Japan as a small boy (Misawa), and visited the Emperor's Palace several times. I found the country to be quite beautiful and rich with culture as well as unique architecture. I always enjoy your photos, you are quite gifted. Robert
I like doing sightseeing in Japan. The Japanese are disciplined, polite, considerate and courteous. The leisure, horticultural and cultural facilities are well kept and good looking (though a bit artificial because of the keeping providing for them). It is my wish to visit the countryside to have a look at the natural landscape which I think must be majestic in scale in view of the effort they pay to keep the environment green.

If you have time, take a look at the natural landscape shots I took in China in a place called Jiu Zhai Gou. I think by autumn time, there must be lots of places in the countryside of Japan that have similar views. Here is the link to my Jiu Zhai Gou photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wk7leun...7608379059505/

A bit of a hard sale here but do hope you have a pleasant viewing there.

Pete
Old Jul 25, 2009, 7:16 PM   #8

What a beautiful country and these are simply wonderful photos showing it. Thank you for sharing these.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:53 AM   #9

These pictures are simply painting-like...I've been struck by #2, #5 and #6 especially!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:11 AM   #10

Thanks ImKayd1 and Bahadir for the compliments. Pete