Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:56 PM   #1

Default woodland stream

this is a pic from a while ago i decided deserved the light of day, and it looks stunning on 18x28 canvas, this little pic wont do it justice but hope it looks ok, it give an enchanting feel as the colours are slightly muted on canvas
Gary

Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimator View Post
this is a pic from a while ago i decided deserved the light of day, and it looks stunning on 18x28 canvas, this little pic wont do it justice but hope it looks ok, it give an enchanting feel as the colours are slightly muted on canvas
Gary

If only you had posted in bigger size Gary, say 1000X700 or so! We would, at least, have a great looking screen saver now Perfect example of flowing water at 1/6'' narrowing the aperture to f/20, which also provides a guaranteed DOF. For my part; I don't remember going beyond f/16 for the fear of diffraction!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:43 PM   #3

bahadir, i dont use pixel size i drop resolution so the images cant be made bigger, 40dpi in this case, there are people who trawl forums and steal images for financial gain.
thanks for the comment as allways

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:29 PM   #4

First off, your monitor will always show 72 dpi. So if you post a picture at 40 dpi it will be converted and reduced in size so it is 72 dpi. Reducing the size makes the pixels more compact and you must have 72 in the same space as the 40. If you post a photo as an 8x10 inch at 72 dpi there is not much use for that other than as a monitor image. To print it you would have to reduce the photo considerably so it would end up to be 266 dpi or 300 dpi for optimum quality.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote