Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:49 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
The Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,261
Default

Wonderful work, my friend. The first and third images are my favorites.

The HDR work was just right, but the extreme DOF really makes them special.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:18 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
Wonderful work, my friend. The first and third images are my favorites.

The HDR work was just right, but the extreme DOF really makes them special.
Thank you for the kind incentive. Actually the third one is straight from the box except for resizing. Happy it came out well given the exposure time of 1/2'' due to the narrow aperture of f/10 for a decent DOF, shot handheld (the on board SR can be rewarding).
One issue which surprise me is, although I posted these images in aRGB, the colours did not deteriorate they used to. Could it be that browsers started to support aRGB
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:30 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Hi Bahadir!

Very tasteful compositions. I also enjoyed seeing the same tree(s) appearing in each of the photos, lending it's hand (limbs) to add to the "interest" of this "in my friend's garden" series.

Also the colours and HDR are well executed (as you usually do). A few questions. In the first photo, is that white structure a wood fired (pizza-type) oven, or a shrine / religious object? (hope this doesn't sound disrespectiful). I'm interested! The only thing that keeps this photo from 10/10 for me, is that this seems just the slightest out of focus (or blurred, due to being at the edge of the frame, maybe?)

The 2nd photo foreground seems particularly "bright" considering that you shot into the sun. Was that due to HDR work and/or using a flash (light)? Good idea here!

3rd photo is magical, portraying that "feeling" so well - of a warm balmy summer evening sitting outdoors.

Thanks.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BsAs
Posts: 3,452
Default

Me too, I like the third one. A tricky pick really.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:46 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Excellent series my friend, I also really like the 3rd one nice place to sit and take pictures.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:17 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Bahadir!

Very tasteful compositions. I also enjoyed seeing the same tree(s) appearing in each of the photos, lending it's hand (limbs) to add to the "interest" of this "in my friend's garden" series.

Also the colours and HDR are well executed (as you usually do). A few questions. In the first photo, is that white structure a wood fired (pizza-type) oven, or a shrine / religious object? (hope this doesn't sound disrespectiful). I'm interested! The only thing that keeps this photo from 10/10 for me, is that this seems just the slightest out of focus (or blurred, due to being at the edge of the frame, maybe?)

The 2nd photo foreground seems particularly "bright" considering that you shot into the sun. Was that due to HDR work and/or using a flash (light)? Good idea here!

3rd photo is magical, portraying that "feeling" so well - of a warm balmy summer evening sitting outdoors.

Thanks.

Paul

So, you've detected the same tree linking the three images, my keen eyed friend Once again, I've overenjoyed reading your exclusive feedback.
As for the white structure; it's simply a multi purpose oven, yet could be considered holy for a Zoroastrian, which I'd also respect...Funny, I also likened that structure to shrines in Santorini when I first saw it! Actually except for the near foreground, I left the the photo a bit soft so as to emphasize the 'dusty August afternoons' setting to be merged with the setting sun...Oh, but if only I could get 10/10 : )
As for #2, thanks for your kind interest, for I merged two hdr photographs with diffrent settings to attain that sight right against the sun. I'm happy to read that #3 appealed to you since I decided to include it at the last moment!

Below is another dusty August afternoon of the past memories I've just produced for you : )



Last edited by bahadir; Aug 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:18 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Me too, I like the third one. A tricky pick really.
Thank you for indicating your perefence : ) Now, I feel doubly happy that I erased a few images in the SD card to shoot it!

...............................................


Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Excellent series my friend, I also really like the 3rd one nice place to sit and take pictures.
Thanks for the incentive arkadas! Haha, don't worry too much about the luggage and give a break in Izmir for at least a few days on your way back home to experience it for yourself ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:43 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
MVASteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Posts: 793
Default

What I find fascinating, is how different the skys and atmospheres are around the world. Once again bahadir fine examples of your world. Last photo....a perfect place to finish a glass of read.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:28 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVASteve View Post
What I find fascinating, is how different the skys and atmospheres are around the world. Once again bahadir fine examples of your world. Last photo....a perfect place to finish a glass of read.
Happy to receive your insightful feedback. I appreciate your letting the inspirations within coming to surface, which calls for adding another article to the 'before you die' series : ) Oh, a glass of read...that sounds good enough!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:36 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default hi again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
So, you've detected the same tree linking the three images, my keen eyed friend Once again, I've overenjoyed reading your exclusive feedback.
As for the white structure; it's simply a multi purpose oven, yet could be considered holy for a Zoroastrian, which I'd also respect...Funny, I also likened that structure to shrines in Santorini when I first saw it! Actually except for the near foreground, I left the the photo a bit soft so as to emphasize the 'dusty August afternoons' setting to be merged with the setting sun...Oh, but if only I could get 10/10 : )
As for #2, thanks for your kind interest, for I merged two hdr photographs with diffrent settings to attain that sight right against the sun. I'm happy to read that #3 appealed to you since I decided to include it at the last moment!

Below is another dusty August afternoon of the past memories I've just produced for you : )


Thanks for the explanation about that structure. I've got a friend who has built a wood fired pizza oven in the Adelaide hills (and he's also a photog) - so I'm also interested to see that.

Yes, I understand the feeling you conveyed about the "dusty summer afternoon" emphasis... and that make me look more at the background and dust-filled golden air, which I appreciated all the more now, so thanks (it's now 9.5 / 10! :-) Don't worry, other photos of yours have already reached 10/10!)

Ah... #2, a clever HDR, very well done.

#3, yes I love it - and as I can see, other folks too. Often the "late inclusion" can be the best!

now #4, lovely shape and little brilliant bursts of red make another very tasteful composition. This is also very complimentary to the series. Well done mate!

Cheers Mr Izmir.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:17 PM.