Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:26 AM   #11

I agree, beautiful composition and great opportunity caught well. The magical reflection of sunlight from windows to wet cobblestone is remarkable.

Also the little details (signs, colours, sky, lamp, etc) - all add interest.

Cheers, mate.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:46 AM   #12

I'd second Paul's comment above in many aspects. The texture cobblestones provide, almost universal and timeless, when combined with the unusual lighting of the 'vanishing point' street, induced me to try b&w for emphasis first. Yet, so as to stress the movement I converted to selective! Well...it calls for a decent frame to make a nice hanger I believe : )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 6:33 PM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
I agree, beautiful composition and great opportunity caught well. The magical reflection of sunlight from windows to wet cobblestone is remarkable.

Also the little details (signs, colours, sky, lamp, etc) - all add interest.

Cheers, mate.

Paul

Paul,

Thank you. You sure have sharp eyes. A few minutes after the exposure, the rain came back, just for some seconds. It wasn't an ordinary rain; it was very, very small drops in the backlight. And there were a lot of them. The same scene. Never seen anything like it.

Another world, a parallell world with different light tones

I had my best camera ready, but unfortunately my dogs suddenly ran over the street to sniff at a new aquaintance, coming from behind. There was no traffic but dog owners can be very pecky about letting their possessions meet other dogs.

That goes especially for over protective "mistresses", but also to some extent for "masters"

Anyhow, because of that fr..... woman, not "her" dog, I missed the photo opportunity of my life; so far ... Dogs sort out things themselves if people let them do it. If only people were more like dogs, it would be a great achievement

Settings would have been

high ISO (3200, maybe 6400)

aperture small enough

shutter 1/4000 if possible

-1,33 EV

Can you imagine. Don't want to overdo this but there were a few moments of "truth", a little like strong October Sun X-raying autumn leaves.

Cheers

Torgny

Like the word "mate" and the Aussie(?) accent. Makes me happy as well as Irish English

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:00 PM   #14
NHL

The 1st image is surreal - cool!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:21 PM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
I'd second Paul's comment above in many aspects. The texture cobblestones provide, almost universal and timeless, when combined with the unusual lighting of the 'vanishing point' street, induced me to try b&w for emphasis first. Yet, so as to stress the movement I converted to selective! Well...it calls for a decent frame to make a nice hanger I believe : )

bahadir,

This is one of the very few pictures I'm proud of. Thanks for your nice words and above all, thanks for the eminent black and white conversion.

Of course you noticed the diagonal from lower right to upper left and let there remain a streak of reds. Suits fine in many respects

This district, Haga, has fostered generations of workers, mainly at the shipyards Götaverken, Eriksberg and Lindholmen

Have never made a single print yet. Perhaps this one. It is a very large file and a print can be made in wall size

Well, thanks, another Carlsberg?

Torgny

A few lines of poetry by Canadian folk-, rock- and political singer and activist Bruce Cockburn

"Rain rings trash can bells

And what do you know

My alley becomes a cathedral

Eyes can be archways

To enter or leave by

Vacuums replaced by a crystal"

Last edited by Torgny; Sep 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL View Post
The 1st image is surreal - cool!
NHL,

Thanks for viewing and the comment. Yes, to me the light was surreal in the meaning enhanced apprehension of reality

Torgny