Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,954
Default Norwegian summer-evening - boats and sea

Would like to "show off" this one, that could be representative for the long summer-evenings here in Norway, with an almost midnightsun-like appearance. The sun sets (in the middel of June, and in the southern parts of Norway) at about 11:PM thereby creating such lovely scenes with warmth and serenity.

This picture was taken approx. 30minutes after the sun had dissappeared below the horizon. This is usually when the best colours are to be seen.
Enjoy!

__________________
...


Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
.
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2009, 7:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jeephotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 1,455
Default

Walter....simply stunning.

Thanks for sharing!
Mandy
__________________
jeephotog
http://amandasphotocreations.smugmug.com/
jeephotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 8:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dickson, Tennessee
Posts: 461
Default

Beautiful Walter!
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Judging from the pretty good depiction of tranquility above, quite fitting the title 'Norwegian summer-evening - boats and sea', I suppose the tables outside the bars there should be full with those who come to enjoy the midnight sun : )

Cheers!
Bahadir
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:14 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fredrikstad - Norway / Europe
Posts: 1,954
Default You are right - SHOULD be full of poeple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
...I suppose the tables outside the bars there should be full with those who come to enjoy the midnight sun : )
Bahadir, It's quite obviouse that you never have been to Norway (or Scandinavia for that matter...) and that you - based on experience from your own lovely country - imagine that all small villages/harbours, like the depictet one, have an array of waterfront restaurants and bars.

Sadly enough, the nearest bar is more than 50 miles from the location depicted. Norway is full of picturesque places along its entire coastline (which is Europe's longest) but sadly, lacking all the bars from where to enjoy such sights!

Instead of waterfront-bars, we have too many politicians that think drink is one of mankind greatest evils!

Cheers!


--------------------------------------

To all the rest of you - thank you for your kind words!



--------------------------------------
__________________
...


Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
.
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Sep 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Very nice shot Walter, thanks for sharing
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:12 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Quote:
Sadly enough, the nearest bar is more than 50 miles from the location depicted. Norway is full of picturesque places along its entire coastline (which is Europe's longest) but sadly, lacking all the bars from where to enjoy such sights!

Instead of waterfront-bars, we have too many politicians that think drink is one of mankind greatest evils!
Actually I wasn't expecting the same kind of logistical placement of pubs and bars everwhere, yet really surprised by the fact you let me know! Ah, regarding the politicians; how sad a coinsidence! We have a political party in power here whose members fear from wine in a wine producing country ...Or is it a new dark age approaching Well, after all, it is 'anything goes' which is the motto of the post modern era...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Walter C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, CA USA
Posts: 7,757
Default

Walter, you were right to "show off" that shot. Very, very nice.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.