Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:36 PM   #1

Default Norwegian summer-evening - boats and sea

Would like to "show off" this one, that could be representative for the long summer-evenings here in Norway, with an almost midnightsun-like appearance. The sun sets (in the middel of June, and in the southern parts of Norway) at about 11:PM thereby creating such lovely scenes with warmth and serenity.

This picture was taken approx. 30minutes after the sun had dissappeared below the horizon. This is usually when the best colours are to be seen.
Enjoy!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2009, 7:24 PM   #2

Walter....simply stunning.

Thanks for sharing!
Mandy
Old Sep 1, 2009, 8:51 PM   #3

Beautiful Walter!
shadokachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:57 AM   #4

Judging from the pretty good depiction of tranquility above, quite fitting the title 'Norwegian summer-evening - boats and sea', I suppose the tables outside the bars there should be full with those who come to enjoy the midnight sun : )

Cheers!
Bahadir
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:14 AM   #5

Default You are right - SHOULD be full of poeple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
...I suppose the tables outside the bars there should be full with those who come to enjoy the midnight sun : )
Bahadir, It's quite obviouse that you never have been to Norway (or Scandinavia for that matter...) and that you - based on experience from your own lovely country - imagine that all small villages/harbours, like the depictet one, have an array of waterfront restaurants and bars.

Sadly enough, the nearest bar is more than 50 miles from the location depicted. Norway is full of picturesque places along its entire coastline (which is Europe's longest) but sadly, lacking all the bars from where to enjoy such sights!

Instead of waterfront-bars, we have too many politicians that think drink is one of mankind greatest evils!

Cheers!

--------------------------------------

To all the rest of you - thank you for your kind words!

--------------------------------------

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Sep 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:59 AM   #6

Very nice shot Walter, thanks for sharing
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Sadly enough, the nearest bar is more than 50 miles from the location depicted. Norway is full of picturesque places along its entire coastline (which is Europe's longest) but sadly, lacking all the bars from where to enjoy such sights!

Instead of waterfront-bars, we have too many politicians that think drink is one of mankind greatest evils!
Actually I wasn't expecting the same kind of logistical placement of pubs and bars everwhere, yet really surprised by the fact you let me know! Ah, regarding the politicians; how sad a coinsidence! We have a political party in power here whose members fear from wine in a wine producing country ...Or is it a new dark age approaching Well, after all, it is 'anything goes' which is the motto of the post modern era...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:08 PM   #8

Walter, you were right to "show off" that shot. Very, very nice.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote