Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:45 PM   #1

Default A New Day Is Born...

It is always an exciting feeling and a bit emotional in watching a bright-red sun rise from behind the horizon and feeling the warm glow spreading slowly across the sky, to give birth to yet another day.

Having the sea as a backdrop helps in many ways!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Super Moderator

i really like the foreground rocks in this. really anchors this shot. nice warm tones as well. nice scenic!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:08 AM   #3

Nice! Great composition and balance.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:01 AM   #4

Beautiful! Love the morning light. I guess your days are going to be getting a lot shorter soon....Cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:01 PM   #5

You outdo yourself Walter. I'm still waiting for the phony and garish shots.

This one is faultless.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:18 AM   #6

Default Another shot - same place, different posistion:

Thank you all for your kind words on this one.

Comment to Don: Yes, noticable shorter days now and there is more to come, but from a photographers view its quiet nice, because the sunsets and sun-rises become shorter but more colorful and "punchy"! )

I would like to show you another shot, made at the same location, but from a slightly different standpoint. It was taken 6 minutes before the first one here, and telles alltogether a different story. I like them both for what they are.

BTW: The dark patch in the foreground consists of thousands and thousands of emty sea-shells. These are socalled blue mussels (bad translation (?) from the Norwegian word Blaaskjell), belonging to the Mytilidae-family. This one is called Mytilus edulis (edible) and grows in large colonies just below and in the tidal zone, where they are prone to predators from different birds.

These mussels are edible for humans as well, and we used to collect them early in the summer / late spring, but well below tidal zone and at spots with strong currents where the water is shifting all the time and well replenished. Otherwise you can get pretty sick...

Mytilus edulis:

Thank you for looking and commenting!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 4, 2009 at 2:24 AM. Reason: correcting language-errors...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:45 PM   #7

Default Another day gone by...

I'm not sure if this works as a photo - maybe it's just overcrowded with rocks - too much going on? Too many details to look at?

Reworked, elderly (from this summer) shot.

Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:07 PM   #8

i think it works you see you have to view up the water you are kept in both sides by the rocks and greeted at the end by a boat house and jetti.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote