Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:41 PM   #1

Default Autumn in the Bluegrass - Part II

Although I got some decent shots during my drive around in the rural areas, these were taken right around the corner from where I live, in a cemetery I was passing on the way home and calling it a wrap.

I know the focus is on the twig in the back but, I like the colors on this.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:15 PM   #2

Your first pic is a nice abstract colorful image. I think the light reflecting off the leaves has bleached out the colors too much. Id up the saturation so there is more color and less glare. The second pic has the focus spot in the wrong place. Its on the small patch in back on the right hand side. The main images in front are not pleasant to look at because my eyes want to bring them into focus. The third shot has good focus and color but a maple leaf has a nice symetrical shape to it and that shape is missing. At least one main leaf should show clearly and cleanly. The one main leaf in the pic has no shape and the edge we do see is obscured by other leaf bits. There is a patch of blue which is just dead space as it is now. Finally in your last pic the colors are too neutral to the background and dont stand out enough. The best feature for this pic is the beaming sun. That is great. This got me thinking and this is what I came up with.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Your first pic is a nice abstract colorful image. I think the light reflecting off the leaves has bleached out the colors too much. Id up the saturation so there is more color and less glare. The second pic has the focus spot in the wrong place. Its on the small patch in back on the right hand side. The main images in front are not pleasant to look at because my eyes want to bring them into focus. The third shot has good focus and color but a maple leaf has a nice symetrical shape to it and that shape is missing. At least one main leaf should show clearly and cleanly. The one main leaf in the pic has no shape and the edge we do see is obscured by other leaf bits. There is a patch of blue which is just dead space as it is now. Finally in your last pic the colors are too neutral to the background and dont stand out enough. The best feature for this pic is the beaming sun. That is great. This got me thinking and this is what I came up with.
My object was mainly to catch the hues and colors. To me, that's what autumn is about. Not shape - color. I do like what you did with that shot, though.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote