Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:01 PM   #1

Default Red sun in the morning. HDR + panorama-stitch.

A long time since I had a landscape-picture to show. I thought of posting this here shot, which is a panoramic of just 2 shots, side-by-side, but both have been HDR'ed as well... (yea, I know - Chato, It's becom an obsession....!)

This here shot is actually a "spin-off" off the one photo in http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...ht-asleep.html where I mention the orange reflections in the windows coming from this very red/orange horizon.

So here it is:

This picture was taken early in the morning, late in September, but its first now that I thought of rendering, stitching and PP-ing it.

For those with smaller resolutions on their monitors:

If you like it - say so.
If you don't like it. Say so too, but tell me why - and don't be shy!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:46 PM   #2

I like the picture because it looks right. Exposure, composition, color, focus -- all right on.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:08 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I would like to see a little more panoramic aspect ratio, i think you could crop a good bit off the bottom to achieve this, this could lead to a little more dramatic panoramic feel to it.

for me, i would like to see the foreground a little bit lighter, and maybe a see if you can pull a little more detail out of it, also, the color is a little too cool in the foreground. may consider warming it up slightly after you lightened it. i am not sure how much detail can be pulled out, as i didnt really see what you had to work with. just what i would like to see if it was possible.

afterwords you could probably selectively dodge the rocks a bit to give them a little more contrast. you could do the same to the light areas on the buildings.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:57 PM   #4

As per Dustins wishes.
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:42 PM   #5

Bynx, great job. The picture is phenomenal, and the crop certainly improves the photo.
snowwave83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 12:59 AM   #6

Default Such great help!!

Thank you Bynx for your edit, which looks real great - even though you went about with a very sharp knive, down below... Appreciate your enthusiasm and helping hand here!

Also appreciations to Hards80 for a very detailed and just 'battleplan' of how to improove this pic.

I now have tried to follow your instructions, my way (I just couln't get myself to cut as deep in the foreground as Bynx did, as I think the details in the shrub is rather interesting), but followed most of what you said.

Before:

Hope you like it better now?

Now:

Thanks again guys - this goes for snowwave83 as well. This is VERY helpful for a beginner!

At the end here, I'm posting the middle exposure of the left stich as is was, no PP or crop:
Attached Images

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 12, 2009 at 1:07 AM. Reason: Editing out spelling errors...(trying to, anyway...)!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 6:15 AM   #7

Your final is excellent. Working from the original size sure helps a lot in keeping the details.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:34 PM   #8
Super Moderator

i agree. having the original to work with gave you the ability to get some nice details out that was just not possible without it. the final edit looks good, i like the aspect ratio better than the original and the contrast and details look better. looks good.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote