Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 13, 2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Default November in Fredrikstad:

A short walk in the park, surrounding the Old Town with its fortifications, last sunday. The weather being typical November. Gray, chilly and windy.

Up with the camera, down with the tripod - shoot-shoot-shoot - and we hurry on and back to the car....

At least som motives were there, even though you have to look further and further. The bleakness of the scenes in nature are more discuraging than ever.

As ususal. The middle-exposure below:
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:15 PM   #2

The pristine clarity of the hdr shot is fantastic. Another winner in my eyes.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:58 AM   #3

Default Welcome back, everyone!! :o)

Thank you, Bynx!

You are alway there with comments and encouragment. The motive is not the greatest (in that scene, I would have preferred som strong sunlight coming towards me and filtered through those trees) but the colors are still acceptable.

Because of this wet and cold, dismal November-weather (it has been raining and sleething all week!), I havn't made one single shot in a week now and feel quite helpless. There is something missing in my daily life. The excitement of coming home with a near full memory-card and upload them onto the PC for scrutiny - Bliss!!

The cure for this ailment is to sit down in front of the monitor and going through older shots, try and look at them with 'new eyes' and make alterations, better PP and some new HDR's with my new software, Dynamic-Photo HDR.

This week-end it's been really bad, since Steve's was down alltogether (still don't know what happened to this site...) and I could not log on for almost 3 consecutive days!!, but inbetween I managed to upload this thread here with 3 crashes while I was writing the post, editing and uploading pictures.

Have a nice week-end, everyone!
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:26 AM   #4

You did a great job with this photo! I know the feeling you describe about coming home with a full memory card!!!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:40 AM   #5

Default Thank you Bob -

- the funny thing with this HDR is that the software 'removed' 1 (!!) people and 1 dog in the final rendering.

There was this group of 3 people walking 2 dogs coming towards me.

Usually I patiently wait for people to walk out of my motives, before I shoot because I know that HDR's don't like moving items between exposures. But this day (last sunday) was so dismal and cold that I didn't have the patienc to wait...