Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:31 AM   #1

Default One motive = 3 pictures. Old- and new-ones:

Because of wet and cold, dismal November-weather (it has been raining and sleething all week!), I havn't made one single shot in a week now and feel quite helpless. There is something missing in my daily life. The excitement of coming home with a near full memory-card and upload them onto the PC for scrutiny - Bliss!!

The cure for this ailment is to sit down in front of the monitor and going through older shots, try and look at them with 'new eyes' and make alterations, better PP and some new HDR's with my new software, Dynamic-Photo HDR.

This is exactly what I have done here. The first picture, which is a single shot, but with a very mild Orton-effect applied to, has been posted some time ago. Some of you may remember it...

#1 // I can see it now - compared to #2 it is quite dark. But then, about 2 monts ago, I liked the somewhat 'mystery'-look...)

This second picture of the same motive, is a newly rendered HDR made with Dynamic-Photo HDR, is made out of 3 exposures on top of each other.

And - as ususal, the middle exposure of the 3 exposures that make up the above HDR:
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:18 PM   #2

i have to say I havent been a big fan of these rock water pics. But #2 has taken a turn for the better to me. I like the colors which seem richer than the past efforts. Just a more interesting overall picture now.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:06 AM   #3

Yeah, Bynx - I know that you'r not exactly an admirer of seascapes, but the simple fact that you are commenting this as "...more interesting now...", is a tribute to the picture!

You should see picture #2 spread out across a good 26" LCD-monitor, edge to edge, I think it would please even you!

Thank's for commenting!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:49 PM   #4

Hey Im a fan of shots by that renowned photographer Walter S. You dont have to convince me. But Im more for woods and trees. Water shots are so boring because they are so empty.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote