Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:00 AM   #11

Walter, I have to say that I really LOVE your HDR's - they're simply perfect. The motives itself, the colors - everything is just beautiful, especially your last 'masterpiece' is amazing!

Think I'll have to come to Norway sometime to take a look at this gorgeous landscape
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Walter, I have to say that I really LOVE your HDR's - they're simply perfect. The motives itself, the colors - everything is just beautiful, especially your last 'masterpiece' is amazing!

Think I'll have to come to Norway sometime to take a look at this gorgeous landscape

Thank you very much, maggo85 for your kind words about my HDR's (I know definitely, that some members here frown, every time I post a HDR - but I don't care!!). And, if you ever come to the South of Norway, give me a call, and I'll certainly show you the places I photograph and post here. But be warned! The beer is very expensive in Norway!

BTW - I don't think many members of Steve's her know where your location: Arzl im Pitztal is and where you live!!

Als gebürtiger Imster ist es mir darum eine besondere Freude dich hier zu begrüssen können! Von meinem Schulfenster in der Haupschule Imst hatte ich in meiner Kindheit immer eine gute Aussicht auf deinen Ort, Arzl!

Grüess di und grüss mir die Berge, besonders den Tschirgant (Imster Hausberg)!

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
I really like the way that you highlight certain colours to the limit....
Thank you, Alasdair.
Kind words from someone so close!

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Thank you very much, maggo85 for your kind words about my HDR's (I know definitely, that some members here frown, every time I post a HDR - but I don't care!!). And, if you ever come to the South of Norway, give me a call, and I'll certainly show you the places I photograph and post here. But be warned! The beer is very expensive in Norway!

I've got another two questions: Do you shoot all your "basic" pictures for your HDR's with a tripod or are some of them made handheld? Is it even possible to create a good-looking HDR with handheld pics?

With your pics you inspired me to give HDR a try - which tool du you recommend for my first steps: Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
BTW - I don't think many members of Steve's her know where your location: Arzl im Pitztal is and where you live!!

Als gebürtiger Imster ist es mir darum eine besondere Freude dich hier zu begrüssen können! Von meinem Schulfenster in der Haupschule Imst hatte ich in meiner Kindheit immer eine gute Aussicht auf deinen Ort, Arzl!

Grüess di und grüss mir die Berge, besonders den Tschirgant (Imster Hausberg)!

Das gibt's doch nicht - damit hätte ich in diesem Forum sicher nicht gerechnet ! Wann bist du nach Norwegen ausgewandert? Sicher schon eine Weile her... Scheint ein wunderschönes Land zu sein

Schönes Wochenende aus dem Pitztal!
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:19 AM   #15

If you try to take your pics covering the same area as close as possible you can hand hold your set for HDR. If hand held you must use Photomatix. I believe thats the only program that will line up the separate pics and even crop as necessary.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:01 AM   #16

Quote:
...are some of them made handheld? Is it even possible to create a good-looking HDR with handheld pics?
- : Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR?...
Hello again, maggo85 !

Most of my HDR's are in fact from handheld shots. Because I started out with Photomatix, which is very forgiving when it comes to lining-up of the 3 different exposures, I could allow myself to do that.

But, after i started using Dynamic-Photo HDR (DFH), I normally take my tripod to set up my shots for HDR, because DFH does not allow missalignment between exposures. You will get unsharp results and some "ghosting artifacts" where the exposures are not exactly equal.

But on the other hand, DFH has a much wider span of expressions, the software has a higher threshold to get over before you will master everything, and has more parameters (funtions?) where you can change or tweek your outcome. I am still not finnished learning the whole interface and there are some functions where I am at loss (do not understand whats required of me...). Another pro for DPH is that you can actually make a Pseudo-Hdr out of 1 exposure (raw or .jpeg, provided of cours there are enough light-dark values present.

All of the following HDR's I have posted, are done with hand-held exposures and with Photomatix Pro:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...eld-shots.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...an-shores.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...ide-rocks.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...xperiment.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...boats-hdr.html

Also, be sure to read the following thread: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...hotomatix.html where simple and others have tried to gather as much info about HDR as possible into one place.

Good luck, maggo85! - If you have any more questions about HDR in general or in particular, I hope that you will post them in this last thread (link above) so we will accumulate most topics of HDR in one thread. Also, a request has been made to Steve's administration to allow for a special HDR-forum when future changes for this forum are planned.

Welcome to the HDR-crowd, and be sure to post your own HDR's in http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...techniques-83/

Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:11 AM   #17

Quote:
...Wann bist du nach Norwegen ausgewandert? Sicher schon eine Weile her...
Danke für die Grüsse, und, ja ist schon lange her.... 1969...... war 20 damals!