Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 27, 2009, 1:40 AM   #11

Again a wonderful series of pictures, vvcarpio!

In #4 you have managed to isolate this interesting building of the theater in a nice way and give the viewer a chance to explore a special building and athmosphere.

#5 has a powerful perspective with the Empire State Building between those other high buildings. The picture is loaded with positive tension and power. Concrete, glass and steel - and the blue sky!

#6 is beautifully composed, giving the viewer lots of stuff to look at and you have been able to show that wonderful building of the Grand Central Facade surrounded by modern high-rise buildings as well as the hustle and bustle of traffic, and those beautiful (in a photographic sense) yellow cabs. The mirrowing in the office-windows contributes to give a wider view than your lens is able to show.

#7 is - for me - the best and most impressive perspective shot of 42nd Street, or any street of NY I have seen! Both powerful and beautiful at the same time, with that special mood of tarmac, sun-lit trees, highrise buildings and the sky at the end, and giving us that impressive vanishing point there.

Well done, vvcarpio! You seem to have a natural eye for composition and beauty.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Great picks. You find beauty because it's in your eyes.
Thanks a lot, Ordo! Regarding what you said, I try .
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Again a wonderful series of pictures, vvcarpio!

In #4 you have managed to isolate this interesting building of the theater in a nice way and give the viewer a chance to explore a special building and athmosphere.

#5 has a powerful perspective with the Empire State Building between those other high buildings. The picture is loaded with positive tension and power. Concrete, glass and steel - and the blue sky!

#6 is beautifully composed, giving the viewer lots of stuff to look at and you have been able to show that wonderful building of the Grand Central Facade surrounded by modern high-rise buildings as well as the hustle and bustle of traffic, and those beautiful (in a photographic sense) yellow cabs. The mirrowing in the office-windows contributes to give a wider view than your lens is able to show.

#7 is - for me - the best and most impressive perspective shot of 42nd Street, or any street of NY I have seen! Both powerful and beautiful at the same time, with that special mood of tarmac, sun-lit trees, highrise buildings and the sky at the end, and giving us that impressive vanishing point there.

Well done, vvcarpio! You seem to have a natural eye for composition and beauty.

Initially, I was hesitant to share them because I'm sure they have been photographed many times before. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed them, and in particular one of them (#7) .

Thanks a lot, Walter, for all your kind words! I have more than enough compliments to last this year and next, and maybe even many years after.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:08 AM   #14

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Like them all...the lighting is pefect!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:49 AM   #15

Like Walter said, you really have an eye for the beauty of your city - your new set is really fantastic too, vv!
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:06 AM   #16

Thanks a lot, jelpee and maggo85! I'm now glad I posted them.