Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Marcus,

It's said that works of art is 90% sweat and 10% talent . Well, I'm not so sure about that. You obviously equally both have equal talent and the will to work with pictures to achieve the result you desire. Brilliant photographs.
Torgny, I really appreciate your opinion! Since I got my DSLR I love to get out and take photos - and when I come home, I immediately turn on my PC to take a look and play around with the shots

Before having a DSLR I haven't even thought about getting up early in the morning and climb up on the Burgstall (that's what the hill is called from where I took these shots) with it's 100 metres altitude difference from my house to take some photos - now I love it

@Torgny and Shoturtle: I didn't know this poem - it's really beautiful, thank you both for posting

Kind regards,
Markus

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:49 AM   #12

Gorgeous scene, lovingly captured. Thanks for sharing!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:19 AM   #13

These are shots that deserve a huge oled 50" display! Well done.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:55 AM   #14

Your landscape is very inspiring. I like the sloping pine trees on the left, Mt. Tschirgant near the right, and the sprawling town nestled in the valley with the snow-capped mountain range in the distance. Ah, and the clear blue skies! I can only think this (or places like this) must be where the word "breathtaking" (I know you said you were already out of breath by the time you got to the topÖ ) came from.

Very nice panorama, maggo85! And very nice view! It reminds me a lot of my city, New York, because it's not like that at all . This is so much nicer to look at!

Sometimes I look at shots I took, one of Nature -- Neversink River, for example -- and another of a man-made structure -- Roberson Mansion's interior, for example -- and try to decide which one I'd rather be looking at. The choice is a no-brainer. I'd pick Nature anytime. I believe Nature does wonders and I imagine the people who live there must be of sound mind and body.

Very flawless stitching-job, too! Great work!
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Before having a DSLR I haven't even thought about getting up early in the morning and climb up on the Burgstall (that's what the hill is called from where I took these shots) with it's 100 metres altitude difference from my house to take some photos - now I love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Similar experience here.

Before our DSLR, I was too chicken of the freezing temps outdoors. I always wore good thick gloves on my daily mile-long walk to work and made a stop at a parking garage midway where heated air was spilling onto the street.

When I started taking pictures at below freezing of Bryant Park last December, I was amazed because I hardly felt the cold at all! I now wear thin mittens with holes in them to expose my fingers so I can better work the camera's controls.

My whole attitude towards the cold has changed. I can actually last longer now in the cold shoveling snow off the sidewalk, putting up and putting down outdoor Christmas decorations, or even just pumping gas at the gas station or taking out the garbage. I also donít stop at the parking garage on my walk to work anymore.

Don't get me wrong I still feel the cold and bury myself inside a thick winter jacket. But I am a lot braver now and no more the chicken that I used to be when it comes to the cold, thanks to this new-found hobby, photography.

vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:29 PM   #16

Austria here I come!!! Wow, these are blow aways.

You show a lot of talent with these, as Walter_S says, one thing is making panorama another is making HDR and then panorama and actually doing the stiching faultless. I'm impressed.

Thank you for sharing Maggo.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:55 AM   #17

Mole and Ordo, thank you for commenting my pano, I'm glad you like it
Next time I visit my fiancee's uncle, I take a look on my shots on his 46'' LED-TV - must be really great

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Your landscape is very inspiring. I like the sloping pine trees on the left, Mt. Tschirgant near the right, and the sprawling town nestled in the valley with the snow-capped mountain range in the distance. Ah, and the clear blue skies! I can only think this (or places like this) must be where the word "breathtaking" (I know you said you were already out of breath by the time you got to the top… ) came from.

Very nice panorama, maggo85! And very nice view! It reminds me a lot of my city, New York, because it's not like that at all . This is so much nicer to look at!

Sometimes I look at shots I took, one of Nature -- Neversink River, for example -- and another of a man-made structure -- Roberson Mansion's interior, for example -- and try to decide which one I'd rather be looking at. The choice is a no-brainer. I'd pick Nature anytime. I believe Nature does wonders and I imagine the people who live there must be of sound mind and body.

Very flawless stitching-job, too! Great work!
Thank you vv, for taking the time to write such a long comment! The view up there is really breathtaking - I think when I'm on top of the Empire State Building in summer, I feel the same you you feel when looking at my pano.... and how I felt when reaching the top (no breath there at all )

Stitching is SO easy with this software called "Panorama Studio 2" - I took the shots with about 1/3 to 1/2 overlap, then made the single HDR's and loaded them into the software... a few seconds later, the panorama was done and it looked just amazing, completely automatic! The only thing if done was to resize each of the three panos and gave them a bit more sharpness (unsharpening mask) to bring out the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
Austria here I come!!! Wow, these are blow aways.

You show a lot of talent with these, as Walter_S says, one thing is making panorama another is making HDR and then panorama and actually doing the stiching faultless. I'm impressed.

Thank you for sharing Maggo.
Your welcome, Alasdair - thank you for your kind words! I enjoy looking at the astounding (vv, you like that word, right? ) pictures you and Walter took - they inspired me to go out and take that panorama.

Last edited by maggo85; Jan 28, 2010 at 3:53 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
P.S.: As I do have a special interest in these pictures / panoramas - I really would like all of it - in two panoramas - as you have divided them here - and each of the different panels to download, so that I can scrutinize everything in detail!

Finally I did it - yesterday I've uploaded the 8 single HDR's, the complete panorama and another shot I took from Arzl (3-shot-HDR). Here are the links:

#1 - Complete panorama (~ 20 MB)
#2 - HDR of Arzl
#3 - Panel 1
#4 - Panel 2
#5 - Panel 3
#6 - Panel 4
#7 - Panel 5
#8 - Panel 6
#9 - Panel 7
#10 - Panel 8

The single panels are about 6 MB - but that's no problem nowadays

PS.: These are all untouched - I forgot to give them a bit more sharpness (only did that on the small ones), but you can do that yourself if you want to

Last edited by maggo85; Jan 30, 2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Changed the links
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:12 AM   #19

The complete panorama is very impressive, very nice work.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:15 AM   #20

You may want to add a little enhancement to bring out the blue of the sky's a little bit. But net to that the complete work is a work of art.