Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:59 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Just another trip up Mt Taygetos with a few friends

Thanks for viewing

hercules,

Long time...

All are brilliant photos. What a day you had. Did a search. What an interesting mythology around the Taygetos. That picture will stay in my mind. Greece - the cradle of our culture. Thanks

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoey Dubsx View Post
That's one reason I bought my camera now vs waiting for spring like I originally wanted to, is to get shots like this.. love em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
All are very nice, but #3 is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_W View Post
Great shots number 6 is a cracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
fantastic images. 3 & 6 I agree are the best. All are good though. Thanks for sharing these!
Thanks for your appreciation guys
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
#6 is a great shot and wow it snows in Greece I did not even think that it did guess cause I have never been there and never seen and pictures mountains from there I have always thought it was more just hilly and with loads of grape vines and water ways..Must be cause of hardly any roads thru the areas of the other side of the world that not many get to actually see pictures of Mountains. The rest make me say yes I am going to the mountains to see the snow and recover from Cabin fever for winter finery.
Thanks SharpShotGal, there is no snow in the city here but lots of snow on the mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
really nice set. I really enjoyed #3 and #6. excellent!
Thanks for the kind feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Ditto on what every one else has said!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammitt View Post
Great work, #6 is spectacular, the light is awesome along with the subject!!!

Bob
thanks bhammitt, I shot that with my 7D and 15-85 lens zoomed all the way out to 85mm at 7:30 in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Amazing crisp and sharp, colorful and the whitest of white on that snow! Aweful pic's, really.

What's wrong with me? I prefer #3, 4 and 5.....it's the contrast of white against the blue of the sky that does it for me!
:-)
Thank you Walter
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
hercules,

Long time...

All are brilliant photos. What a day you had. Did a search. What an interesting mythology around the Taygetos. That picture will stay in my mind. Greece - the cradle of our culture. Thanks

Torgny
Thanks Torgny, I have been busy for a while and will find time to make frequent visits in here again
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:22 AM   #15

So it snow in the land of the Spartans! And you have left no doubt about it. Such sharpness and clarity is incredible on all pictures.

Here in Norway we useally think of ourself as "the outside country" or that we like to go our own ways. I guess that Walter_S and I have lived here too long, for I too have other favourites. The ones that were most eye catching to me were: #3, #4 and #7. Not to say that the others were lesser pictures, but these were the ones that I liked the most.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
So it snow in the land of the Spartans! And you have left no doubt about it. Such sharpness and clarity is incredible on all pictures.

Here in Norway we useally think of ourself as "the outside country" or that we like to go our own ways. I guess that Walter_S and I have lived here too long, for I too have other favourites. The ones that were most eye catching to me were: #3, #4 and #7. Not to say that the others were lesser pictures, but these were the ones that I liked the most.
Thanks, I want to go to Norway for vacation I have seen many pictures and think it is a beautiful Country oh I also bought a supercharger from ESSTuning in Norway for my BMW, you might know that company
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Thanks, I want to go to Norway for vacation I have seen many pictures and think it is a beautiful Country oh I also bought a supercharger from ESSTuning in Norway for my BMW, you might know that company
If you do come to Norway, you should pay Northern Norway a visit, not just Lofoten. The rest of the cost all the way to the Russian boarder is also spectacular imo. E.g. there is an island just outside of Troms° that's called Fugle°ya (bird island) that goes 600m straight up from the sea.

I do not know of ESSTuning except that they are based not very many miles from here. I'm not very much into BMW's and googled the company. I'm sure you must have quite an impressive car.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
If you do come to Norway, you should pay Northern Norway a visit, not just Lofoten. The rest of the cost all the way to the Russian boarder is also spectacular imo. E.g. there is an island just outside of Troms° that's called Fugle°ya (bird island) that goes 600m straight up from the sea.

I do not know of ESSTuning except that they are based not very many miles from here. I'm not very much into BMW's and googled the company. I'm sure you must have quite an impressive car.
Thanks for the info I will go there as far as my BMW it's nice but kind of wish I didn't dump all that money into it as you don't get it back.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:46 PM   #19

hercules, this is an fantastic series you've posted here! I just love the colors and contrast of every single shot!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
hercules, this is an fantastic series you've posted here! I just love the colors and contrast of every single shot!
Thanks for your appreciation maggo