Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:56 PM   #11

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

There will be no more pictures - got to walk the dogs (them dawgz) While you eagerly await the next picture series there is some homework for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_%28barque%29
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:24 PM   #12

Torgny, this is quite a series. I love it, as I love all waterfront-scenes, ships and wildlife on the water. It's not the water itself but where the water meets the shore, that I always find very interesting.

You have taken us for a long walk along the river and shown us beautiful scenes, with tons of moods and colors so subtle, its a pleasure to follow you - as we have followed the different shades of lights from the sun, as the day went on, afternoon into late afternoon, into early evening, the sun more and more low on the horizon.

Thank you very much, Torgny - this is the kind of mood-pictures I try to shoot too. You have done well here!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:03 PM   #13

Excellent series, I very much enjoyed watching the light change!!!!!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:36 AM   #14

Excellent, I really like the light change in 4, 5, and then your last picture thanks for sharing
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:11 AM   #15

Fantastic series - and the changing of the light is interesting to watch

Thank's for sharing these beautiful shots!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:33 PM   #16

A very nice series through the inlet to Gothenburg and Gothenburg harbor. The lipstick is a landmark that is very domenent and characteristic.

You have really caught a lovely mood in all you pictures and shown us how fast the light changes in the winter.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:30 AM   #17

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Torgny, this is quite a series. I love it, as I love all waterfront-scenes, ships and wildlife on the water. It's not the water itself but where the water meets the shore, that I always find very interesting.

You have taken us for a long walk along the river and shown us beautiful scenes, with tons of moods and colors so subtle, its a pleasure to follow you - as we have followed the different shades of lights from the sun, as the day went on, afternoon into late afternoon, into early evening, the sun more and more low on the horizon.

Thank you very much, Torgny - this is the kind of mood-pictures I try to shoot too. You have done well here!

Walter,

Yes, "where the water meets the shore". Always fascinating. Sensual. The waves and the bay

And if you have the shore included, you provide the viewer with a place to stand, thus eliminating the risk of drowning

The shore invites

Torgny
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:33 AM   #18

Bob,

hercules,

maggo85,

Thank you. I have this idea to take one picture every 5 minutes för an hour, camera on a tripod, to study the changes

Torgny
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
A very nice series through the inlet to Gothenburg and Gothenburg harbor. The lipstick is a landmark that is very domenent and characteristic.

You have really caught a lovely mood in all you pictures and shown us how fast the light changes in the winter.

Alasdair,

Thank you very much. The "Lipstick" is too dominant, I think, but people have gotten used to it. I hoped that you would like the pictures. I'm happy you did

Torgny
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
I have this idea to take one picture every 5 minutes för an hour, camera on a tripod, to study the changes
I would love to see such a series, Torgny - please try this soon

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote