Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:41 AM   #21

Hejsan torgny! Nice shots. With regard to the first one, which really catches my attention most... this is just an idea... what would the photo be like if you cropped out the building on the right... then you would just have cranes? In my opinion, I think the composition would be better leaving out the building, and just focusing on the cranes and the beautiful reflections in the water... along with the sky. I really think is a neat picture.

Har det så bra!

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:14 PM   #22

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammitt View Post
I have enjoyed looking around your harbour, photo #5 really caught my eye! I agree with your above comment!!

Bob
Bob,

Thank you for following these threads and your pointing out. One might add the term "punchy" I think it is/was normally used on knocked down boxers

I suppose you, as well as I, do (can) have a humouristic approach to these concepts

"Bird shots" though is to me anyhow not very tasteful. "I just shot some birds" - "Oh, how did that happen? I'm so sorry for you"

The grumpy

//T

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 3, 2010 at 5:31 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:31 PM   #23

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hejsan torgny! Nice shots. With regard to the first one, which really catches my attention most... this is just an idea... what would the photo be like if you cropped out the building on the right... then you would just have cranes? In my opinion, I think the composition would be better leaving out the building, and just focusing on the cranes and the beautiful reflections in the water... along with the sky. I really think is a neat picture.

Har det så bra!

Ned

Ned,

Yes, a good idea. The cranes have a jurassic feel to them. They are not in use any more. They have been in the exact same position for many years.

New and larger cranes have been installed further out in the outer harbours

//T
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 AM   #24

Hi Torgny, great going on the picture... love what you did with it. Thanks.

Ned
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Hi Torgny, great going on the picture... love what you did with it. Thanks.

Ned

Thanks, Ned. When you come to visit us and walk down to the harbour you'll be met by the ferries zickzacking both sides of the Gotha River.

There are three bridges, three tunnels och many ferries to connect the two sides

You can use the ferry as a tourist, costs just the normal ticket fee, as for trams, busses and also the boats to the archipelago

Torgny

Here is a picture of one of the ferries, coming "as shot" from the mist. Looks perhaps a bit unusual at the left, misty side, but, neighbour, so was the reality
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:44 PM   #26

It would be good to see Göteborg again... It was nice city to visit... there was also a nice pub. 656 EUR for the Pentax K-7, Torgny... Take care. Ned