Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
...What if they used that space for something of importance; like poetry in all forms, in words or in pictures or ...
Now you got me going, Torgny!

IMO (but I am just a humble soul) the whole professional sports-scene and most of all, the Olympic Games - - is a money-making (nothing wrong with that. With me - It's not political, but emotional) SuperEscalated Happening where nations compete with their spoiled brats = "super-babies" (athletes) so obsessed with their own navels, that they dont see what the rest of the world is coming to....

Really, there are thousands of people either dying or buried alive because of the earthquake in Chile, and the Norwegian Broadcasting 30minutes-News tonight had about 3 minutes report on it, and 27 minutes of sporting events from the Olympic Games - including some hard guessing of which nations will pick the rest of the gold medals....

This is what I call: Priorities - and that puts things in perspective for me...

It is tough to realize that human compassion has to make way for simple entertainment! Really, our civilisation has not made that much progress since the roman-times, where "bread and circus to the people" was the yard-stick for Roman politics.

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 2:20 PM   #12

Beautiful set Walter! I would pick #3 as my favorite, I love the darker blues and richer color!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
walter dont drop and break your camera mate LOL ...
I'll keept that in mind, Simon, and hold on to it with an extra neckstrap! AAMOF, I am wondering to change to a D90 in the forseable future. Just want to wait and see if Nikon will be release a replacement for the D90 soon? After such a new relase, the D90 will come down in price.

Thanks for commenting, Simon!
:-))
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammitt View Post
Beautiful set Walter! I would pick #3 as my favorite, I love the darker blues and richer color!
Thank you, Bob - blue is a wonderful color. I can never get enough of it, that's why I like night- / early morning- / evening-shots so much!

Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
I'll keept that in mind, Simon, and hold on to it with an extra neckstrap! AAMOF, I am wondering to change to a D90 in the forseable future. Just want to wait and see if Nikon will be release a replacement for the D90 soon? After such a new relase, the D90 will come down in price.

Thanks for commenting, Simon!
the d90 is a great camera but saying this it is my first dslr my wife and i are lucky to have one a each at the time i bought mine it felt of much better build quality than a other brands .

no matter which camera you decide to get walter im sure you will carry on to impress
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:08 PM   #16

Walter, thank you for posting such wonderful shots! It's always a pleasure to look at your photos

BTW, you folks created some interesting colors in this thread

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:29 AM   #17

Thank you for your nice comment, Markus. The scenery has a lot to do with the outcome.