Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:08 AM   #11

#7, going back to it again... good composition using the system of thirds... No, I am not saying one should be enslaved to this system in EVERY photo, but by and large, it is a great systems... the water sort of flows into the photo, rather than having no place to go if it is stuck somehere in the centre or to the right. Also, you use the trees on the left to frame and compose your pictures. I would tend to bring a blanket or something that I could lay on in order to TRY or experiment with different levels or angles of photo. Anyway, was just admiring what you did with #7: Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:11 AM   #12

Ugggh, I forgot... No this is not heresy, but it is not the end of the world to experiment with flash and see sort fill-in flash, if it is NOT over-powering... might help... I am just saying there ways of taking a picture as it is, different levels, angles, etc., then there is a lot of work in working with shades, light, or the lack of light... Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:51 AM   #13

For #7, I was actually backed up against the bridge crossing the stream so I was limited to the small space that I had. I considered shooting from the bridge but there was hardly a pedestrian sidewalk so I would pose a hazard. But I value your suggestions. This is not the only stream I'll be shooting so I'll remember them in the future.

#11. Stream on the other side of the bridge.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding using flash. I actually thought of bringing it with me but decided against the bulk. I also wished I could take pictures at 1/2000th of a second to freeze the raging brook the but there wasn't enough light. I tried manual speed settings but were too dark. A flash might have made that shot possible.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote