Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:01 AM   #11

Fantastic shots T - the sunlight, the ice, the colors, the composition... let's say everything in these shots is perfect!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:30 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Well, you are right, Torgny - I do like it. This last one i really good. I like the mood and perspective, given by the clouds (you must have an accompliced up there...) and the ice-flo'es. Also the almost pre-historic and certainly extinct looking "animals" (cranes) on the horizon, stretching their necks and nodding their heads give ample depth to the picture. Good reflection of the sunlight and clouds. Well done!
:-))

Walter_S,

Struck a faustian trade at the age of 10 so I don't have any hope for that. Free from Mark Knopfler:

"Piper to the end" (Album "Get Lucky", the latest as of now)

When I leave this world behind me
To another i will go
If there are no pipes in heaven
I`ll be going down below

And there are no pipes at the assumed location. Still there is beauty in the world, not to mistaken for goodness though

Thanks for following my harbour threads. It's full of life

//T

Last edited by Torgny; Mar 21, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:33 AM   #13

I like the first one, best, the great play of blues with the nicely-exposed orange sun.

Each one documents the rapidly-changing character of a sunrise, and the opportunities and challenges those changes present a photographer. You met the challenge well, my friend.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:15 PM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Fantastic shots T - the sunlight, the ice, the colors, the composition... let's say everything in these shots is perfect!

maggo85,

Thank you for viewing and commenting. perhaps a little more sharpening. I sit in front of the PC using three different kinds of glasses. Often I choose the wrong ones

But if you say so it must be ok

Torgny
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
I like the first one, best, the great play of blues with the nicely-exposed orange sun.

Each one documents the rapidly-changing character of a sunrise, and the opportunities and challenges those changes present a photographer. You met the challenge well, my friend.

The Barbarian,

A good idea, if the weather forecast is ok, could be to put the camera on a tripod and make for example 60 exposures exactly per hour; to see the changes

I can ask you. If you compare sunrise and sunset - is there a reversed sequence of colours

Torgny
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:35 PM   #16

I don't know. The "green flash" sometimes seen in sunsets, is also seen in sunrises.

Sounds like a worthy experiment.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:39 PM   #17

Nice sun set series with the large ships giving the eye something else to play with.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Nice sun set series with the large ships giving the eye something else to play with.

shoturtle,

Thank you. They used to build large ships here until the 80ies when the Koreans took over

Torgny
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:41 PM   #19

Pretty much all large transport ships are built in Korea now adays. Only warships are built in the US down in newport news and up in maine now adays. They still build cruise ships in Europe. Blohm and Voss still build warships in hamburg. The Koreans have not taken over all ship building.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 5:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
...The Koreans have not taken over all ship building...
There are still shipyards in the UK at Govan on the Clyde Estuary, Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria, and on the south coast. They get occasional warship orders, and the odd ferry. Two huge aircraft carriers were going to be built, but the orders seem unlikely to survive our current budget crisis. The French also build their own warships, I believe.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote