Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:26 PM   #11

You guys are too kind... and too patient, too. One of the first photos you will see from me when I get my DSLR is a small gravestone for my Nokia N95. The jok'n mobile phone camera is so light... you touch the "shutter release" button and you have camera shake. Anyway, thanks again, guys. This is a really neat forum for picking up on ideas, inspiration from others, and all. All the best. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:30 PM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I hope Spring will manifest itself soon. Would you believe that one lake here in Finland cracked because of the amount of snow and ice on top?? Anyway, take a look at the amount of snow on the dock, it'll be a while before any daffodils will be in bloom. Sorry for the low quality of these photos... you guessed it... it is the phone camera.

Eetu,

Camera doesn't matter as much in strong light. Excellent snow capture. Sure snow can be white. Good composition proving your point. Diagonals are always powerful

Torgny
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Great photos, considering your "camera", Eetu!
# 1 has a terriffic perspective.

Go get your K-7 soon!

Thanks, Walter! Every day I keep checking my Osuuspankki bank account online. Soon the tax return comes in, I will certainly get this. Take care and thanks for your inspiring pictures. Ned
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Eetu,

Camera doesn't matter as much in strong light. Excellent snow capture. Sure snow can be white. Good composition proving your point. Diagonals are always powerful

Torgny
Tusen tack, Torgny! I am sure the designers and engineers of Nokia's camera phone section would appreciate your words. But serious, many thanks, indeed for your kind and ecouraging words.

Ned
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:01 AM   #15

Again you brought up a fantastic shot Ned , I love the composition of #1!

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:05 AM   #16

Cheers for that, Markkus!

Ned
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:41 AM   #17

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I too like the perspective on #1 Ned...and the exposure and WB are perfect! Winter is on its way out in these parts..mostly rain and the grass is growing with trees and plants getting ready to bud!!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:12 AM   #18

Ned - your amazing photos just prove that skills, talent and an artist's eye can surpass the limitations of equipment. I can't wait to see your amazing photos once you do have the "real" camera that will better suit your talents!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
I too like the perspective on #1 Ned...and the exposure and WB are perfect! Winter is on its way out in these parts..mostly rain and the grass is growing with trees and plants getting ready to bud!!
Hi Jehan,

Many thanks for your kind comments. As I look at the first picture, I sort wonder if setting the phone camera's "sharpness" to hard was a mistake. I still think the snow could have been better. There was also a skier on the ice... I would have liked to have had him in the picture, but Finns are so jok'n shy... it is very hard for strangers to speak to one another... I would have liked to ask him to "pose" but I am afraid he would freak out and go deep inside himself... [SIGH]. I was able to set the WB and monkey around with different exposures. My next attempt will be to use a polarizing filter. Thanks, Jehan. Take care and all the best. Ned
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Ned - your amazing photos just prove that skills, talent and an artist's eye can surpass the limitations of equipment. I can't wait to see your amazing photos once you do have the "real" camera that will better suit your talents!
Hiya, thanks Mole for your kind comments. Tax Office is backlogged, my account says... Uggg. Say, if you have any suggestions, or anything, I want you to know that they are really valued. Your photos, and that of others spark off so many ideas. All the best there to you and yours in TN.

Ned