Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:42 AM   #11

I really like the viewpoint on #1, #2, and #4. There is a very nice glow on the rocks and the water really adds to the scene. However, this image elevates itself way above what a normal photographer would take. Thus when you compare it to the "Into the Blue" image which is the same class as this one, the sky determines the major difference. The "Into the Blue" photo the sky really adds to the scene, in this one there is to much transition from white to light blue to blue within a limited amount of space. Thus the way the colors (colours) interact with each other in the sky is almost to harsh in my opinion. You set the bar high with your initial photograph of this scene. This is by all rights is another great photo, but if it were me, I would re-shoot when the conditions were more favorable. Sorry my friend, but when you achieve this level of perfection, this image deserves all the attention you can give it. Of course you may take this with a grain of salt because I'm being very nit picky here...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:03 PM   #12

These are stupendous and astounding by composition, light, color, texture and details. I am speechless really. The dynamic range in #1 and #4 is awesom!

Well done, Dustin - you are a "beacon" for us amateurs!

:~)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:44 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Beautiful images Dustin...the compositioni and color renditions are fantastic. THe water has a nice smooth look to it. I do notice a tad bit of curvature on the horizon though...perhaps caused by some lens distortion.

Jehan
Thank you Jehan. I am glad you enjoyed the color and my compositions. I really enjoyed this shoot. I noticed the curvature too, was at max wide angle and i didnt fix the distortion in raw. it didnt bother me terrribly. but i figured i would get a comment. i can fix it easily next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Now Dustin, these images are stunning, particularly the color picks.
jelpee: horizons can be corrected but at the expense of losing sharpness.
Thank you Ordo for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientritual View Post
I really like the viewpoint on #1, #2, and #4. There is a very nice glow on the rocks and the water really adds to the scene. However, this image elevates itself way above what a normal photographer would take. Thus when you compare it to the "Into the Blue" image which is the same class as this one, the sky determines the major difference. The "Into the Blue" photo the sky really adds to the scene, in this one there is to much transition from white to light blue to blue within a limited amount of space. Thus the way the colors (colours) interact with each other in the sky is almost to harsh in my opinion. You set the bar high with your initial photograph of this scene. This is by all rights is another great photo, but if it were me, I would re-shoot when the conditions were more favorable. Sorry my friend, but when you achieve this level of perfection, this image deserves all the attention you can give it. Of course you may take this with a grain of salt because I'm being very nit picky here...
Ancient, thank you for your commentary. I have already planned to reshoot with a nice textured sky. We just haven't had that yet, its either raining or clear as a whistle. Or about to rain, like "into the blue"

I plan to visit this area alot, there are many rocky piers to shoot and many conditions i want to shoot them in. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
These are stupendous and astounding by composition, light, color, texture and details. I am speechless really. The dynamic range in #1 and #4 is awesom!

Well done, Dustin - you are a "beacon" for us amateurs!

:~)
Walter, thank you for the most generous comments. As much as you state that I am a beacon for you, your shots of norway are a constant source of inspiration for me (and many others) as well
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:14 PM   #14

Wonderful set. I particularly liked the 3rd shot. Seem's like you're having some fun with the camera

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy your photos.

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alainn...39490172728282
http://alainnbellephotography.smugmug.com/
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:36 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbug74 View Post
Wonderful set. I particularly liked the 3rd shot. Seem's like you're having some fun with the camera

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy your photos.
thank you shutterbug, i am glad you enjoyed! thanks for taking the time to comment.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:39 PM   #16

Hards,

I think the EPL-1 and the change in tempo with work has really ignited your creative streak. The posting form the last couple of days are fantastic.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:42 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Hards,

I think the EPL-1 and the change in tempo with work has really ignited your creative streak. The posting form the last couple of days are fantastic.
thanks shoturtle. not having my dissertation hanging over my head, and then moving and getting a new camera really invigorated my shootings. and the epl1 is just such a joy to carry with me, no reason not to have it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
thanks shoturtle. not having my dissertation hanging over my head, and then moving and getting a new camera really invigorated my shootings. and the epl1 is just such a joy to carry with me, no reason not to have it.
That is always a good think, and for the rest of us a added push, MORE PHOTOS TO LOOK AT.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM   #19

Breathtaking is all I can say. The color is very very vivid. Makes me want a vacation.......

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:57 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Breathtaking is all I can say. The color is very very vivid. Makes me want a vacation.......

dave
Dave, thank you for taking the time to comment, i am glad you enjoyed, and i hope you can get your vacation soon!