Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:15 PM   #1

Default The Golden Hour

Just that, and no more, really.....

Now, you people here at Steve's might call this hour just after sunset for "The Blue Hour", while here in Norway it's called the "Den gyldne timen" or "The Golden Hour" - if translated word-for-word.

Either way, this time of day has ususally something special in it's 'bag of surprises'. I always get restless when the clock is nearing this time of day and try to be somewhere by the sea, and somtimes one gets rewarded for the wait with some unforgettable scenes.

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

I always get restless when the clock is nearing this time of day and try to be somewhere by the sea, and somtimes one gets rewarded for the wait with some unforgettable scenes.

And, obviously, this was one such scene. NICE!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:34 PM   #3

Nice. Pentax K7? How so?
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:34 PM   #4

The colors are amazing! Golden,blue thats a great photo at any hour.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:48 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

Now, you people here at Steve's might call this hour just after sunset for "The Blue Hour", while here in Norway it's called the "Den gyldne timen" or "The Golden Hour" - if translated word-for-word.

Either way, this time of day has ususally something special in it's 'bag of surprises'. I always get restless when the clock is nearing this time of day and try to be somewhere by the sea, and somtimes one gets rewarded for the wait with some unforgettable scenes.

Walter,

Oh, have no words for it. If I may, perhaps a bit heretic: delicious, refreshing, very special, fruity, exotic.

There must be a bond between you and ....

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:07 PM   #6
spy

Now that's what I call ending your day with dessert,... sweet all over!

Last edited by spy; Apr 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:01 PM   #7

I really like the orange colors (colours) in this photo. Speaking of orange what did I do with that soda of mine...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:05 PM   #8

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Walter,

Many painters like the salmon pink teint to the light of for example Lofoten in northern Norway, some to the degree that they move there to spend the rest of their lives

I've noticed that too, and the teint must be strong since you can wake up to a new day and still be surprised

Perhaps that's one of the secrets behind "The Nordic light" (Light light; Light de light)

Another observation is, in some of your and Alasdairs pictures, that if you decrease lightness, you get more usual colours

Well, my postulate: the nordic lights really are light

I could elaborate on that I think but I'm afraid it would be boring so I'll leave it at that

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Apr 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:18 PM   #9
Super Moderator

really nice Walter. the colors in this shot are just gorgeous, i definately agree with naming it the golden hour for this shot!
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:03 PM   #10

Walter,

Wonderful color, well worth the wait for this shot. From your opening statement, is this a non HDR shot. It now, it is even more of a present from mother nature.