Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 23, 2010, 2:37 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
Mark thanks for your kind words but you need to give yourself a pile more credit for your photographic talents. You will at least tackle weddings....I won't go near them. ;0)
Thanks Kevin.... but there is going shooting a wedding and getting a great shot. I have a few but still my game is a lot lower than I would like it to be to be able to make it a more serious part of my life. I will hopefully get there one day.

Loving this whole series

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 10:36 AM   #12

Beautiful country and well documented. 10:30 PM and still a hint of daylight you gotta like being in Canada this time of the year.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 12:43 PM   #13
spy

I should have posted as the photo outing went but that would have taken some thought and I was exhausted of those so I guess I'll post from all over the place in random order.

The next one here is of Troll Falls again, different angle but as I meant to come here for night fall, I was so happy to see that the ice had loosened her grip. I should have come with others but as I like to work spontaneously, it is hard to call up people on a moments notice and have them all want to come too. Troll Falls is in bear, cougar and wolf territory so I figured because it was the long weekend, people would be out there on the trails.....I was wrong. I actually thought several times during this run how I thrive in fearful moments and whether or not I could shoot a wedding......NOPE, I'll leave the dealing with hormoning brides and mother-in-laws to Mark!! and I'll stick with fighting off wild beasts. There are limits as to what I'm willing to do!

Not a soul in site and as I was running through the trail to get to this place, I struggled with thinking of being jumped by some wild beast and really wanting to get the shot of the falls at night. So I did a lot of praying... and running, stopping only a half dozen times to get other shots....for all of you and I made it out ok just in time for complete darkness to set in. Chilling it was.

This shot is at 10pm, ISO 400, 25 seconds, 24 - 70 2.8.
Attached Images

Last edited by spy; May 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Super Moderator

first off, thank you for risking life and limb just to share these awesome pictures for us luckily wild animals usually avoid humans, the same can not be said for bridezilla and mother-in-laws.

this shot is simply stunning. i really love the cool tones and the reflections of the moonlight on the rocks. the smooth water. just a very classy and wonderful image. i am going to think we may see some awards with this one. fall shots at night are pretty unique.
Old May 23, 2010, 1:51 PM   #15
spy

For this shot, I had to stand under a large rock over hang that is dripping as though it's raining and I got soaked waiting for the long shutter to do it's thing. Later in about August it won't be so wet....a nicer time to check this place out again.
Attached Images

Old May 23, 2010, 6:13 PM   #16
spy

9:30 pm I hit the path running as it's just not safe going by yourself, let alone in the dark. I hesitated even stopping to take this shot as I was quickly running out of light and the bears and other animals come down to the paths to check out what food or garbage has been thrown aside from all the sane site seeing people that walk about in "normal" hours. A few times I could sense I was being watched but I was sure glad to get back to the truck when my photo opp was done!
Attached Images

Old May 23, 2010, 6:40 PM   #17

Awesome photos, very beautiful.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 7:15 PM   #18
spy

Thank you flutelady!

This is the last photo post of this night but it was the first photo taken as I drove out to Kananaskis. I pulled over on the Trans Canada Highway just before I took the turn off to Troll Falls.

Taken with my 4 stop ND filter, 70 - 200 2.8
Thanks again for everyones comments!!
Attached Images

Last edited by spy; May 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM.
Old May 28, 2010, 3:05 AM   #19

No. 2 Simply outsatnding. Good composition and I really like the depth.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 4:29 AM   #20

The first two are just breathtaking, the rest of the series is of course stunning too... as always

2 x EOS 6D | 24/1.4 ART | 35/1.4 ART | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 135/2L
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote