Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:42 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Windpower At Dusk

Cape Arendal
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 9, 2010 at 5:46 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:21 PM   #2

I love the sunrays in the distance.
And the dogs actually brings life in to the picture

Very nice one Torgny !

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:23 PM   #3

I agree, you capture the sun rays very nicely And your dogs do add to the photo. Not just another sun set shot
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:35 PM   #4

Torgny,

Indeed another masterful photo! Thanks for sharing the lovely scene.

I think it particularly powerful that your dogs are looking away! It makes the scene feel so natural!

I hope you don't mind, I've done a 20 second edit (shadow/highlight and crop), and wonder what you think of this version, just trying to focus a bit more on the dogs and sunset.

Long live wind power!!

Paul
Attached Images

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:37 PM   #5

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Acapulco,

shoturtle,

Paul,

As you already know colours don't show much at dusk. A physical limitation of the eyes; selectively lightened parts of the picture a bit. Would like a discussion on the matter of light at dusk, not the full sunlight, not the sunset

Trying very hard to look at such sceneries. They are even harder to depict, to me anyhow, than very strong backlit, contrasty sceneries

How much light, how much colour?

I thought that if I posted this or one of the other similar pictures, somebody would say: overexposure. But that's not true. Then I would answer: do some serious field studies and feel bad about the whole thing

Thank you for taking interest.

Anyhow, I'll add more pictures of the same conditions. See what you say

Paul: Like the cropping but it's too bright. Doesn't look natural

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Jul 10, 2010 at 4:42 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:32 PM   #6

Dusk at Arendal two
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:35 PM   #7

Dusk picture number three
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:48 PM   #8

It's not that I don't know what is considered as "beautiful". This is a try at least but if I have to choose between a "beautiful" picture and a "true" picture, I very much prefer the latter

Your wise guy

//T

A bit earlier that essentially grey evening
Attached Images

Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:33 AM   #9

Hi Torgny

I appreciate your comments about difference between 'beautiful' and 'natural' - this is a fine topic to discuss.

What you said about my edit/crop (being too bright) - I can relate to that - sometimes (especially as YOU were there) - an edit can not accurately capture what was 'real' and how you remember it.

The last photo - I find a particularly interesting use of the depth of field (the wind generator being slightly out of focus - but the flowers / bush / tree - sharp). Nice - and the slightly moody greyness of the sky too.

cheers

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote