Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:55 PM   #31

even for a 'naturalist', there are times when a little extra something is needed. i consider myself pretty solidly in that genre - my images depict nature, and i want to show off the beauty of the world around us, not my Photoshop skills. but i'm not such a purist that i won't process an image - even Mother Nature can use a little help occasionally, and i don't mind making minor adjustments to the saturation, contrast, or color balance to compensate for small deficiencies in exposure, lighting, etc. i would wager that nearly every top-notch nature photographer does at least as much PP as i do, if not more, to get those shots to "pop" on the pages of NG or Arizona Highways...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:10 PM   #32

Great story and congrats Spy on your wonderful work you deserve it
@Rocky congrats to you also.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:32 PM   #33
spy

Thanks Hercules!
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:53 AM   #34

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Hey, Mark,

Why don't you slowly loosen the cap off this section. Some people might get their heads hurt striving for the stars. What is this, American Idol

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:07 AM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Hey, Mark,

Why don't you slowly loosen the cap off this section. Some people might get their heads hurt striving for the stars. What is this, American Idol

Torgny
Not totally following what you mean with this post.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:55 PM   #36
spy

You know, it’s a fact that in every crowd, there’s going to be someone that just doesn’t get it.

There are many well known and published photographers out there busy making money for their photographic talent and I’ll bet all of them started out not knowing how to take a photograph. Following that, a passion was born and desire deep down to make a living out of it and have a love doing it at the same time.

The forum started by Mark does show my humble and humorous beginnings just 7 years ago to where I am now getting paid to take aerial photos for clients and not only that but getting lessons on flying the aircraft for the fun of it. I am hugely honoured by Mark’s willingness to write this forum but never once did I ever wonder… “what’s in it for me” or “look at me cause I want to be an idol”.

I have thought dozens of times since this forum was posted, wondering who is inspired to reach for their dreams, who is willing to take up the photographic challenge to strive harder to take better photos, how many people reading this forum will be encouraged to take hold of their passion for this art and dream every day of making a living out of it? I’ve wondered how many will become proactive at being successful with it, and that success being financial, emotional, spiritual, physical and even mental.? How many?

If you all really look honestly at the ‘big picture’ of this forum , it isn’t honouring just me but all of you that said ‘yes, I am working hard to develop my dreams’. “I want to develop my talent more and I am not happy being stale or feeling like this is as good as it gets”.

Do we take forums like this and put them aside because a few might say ‘what’s the use, I’ll never get anywhere and neither will anyone else’? ‘It hurts to dream so why bother?’ I say, that if only one person reads this forum and believes enough in themselves to become somebody one day and can write their name down along side the rest of the photographer greats, then this forum is worth every word written and should stay up as an encouragement for everyone.

We can be our worst enemy, giving up on dreams for more or choose to settle for less and some have decided this is good for them and others should follow but that’s not for me and I will continue to strive higher, take on challenges, will post them for the greater good of inspiring others, …not because I want to be an Idol.

Kevin
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:14 AM   #37
Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread, I've just unstuck it, not that there is any less value in the work of Kevin but it has served its purpose in highlighting what can be done if we are dedicated enough to develop our photographic skills. There is a lot of talent involved to so not all of us will make it to this level but hopefully more will be inspired to shoot for what they want.

I'm planning to highlight the photographic work of other photographers here over the next few months (one at a time) so if people have suggestions for someone who has made vast improvements, they don't have to be a working pro, just someone that we can all learn from that would be great as I know we have lots of people with good skills (just look at the 5 of the best threads). If you have any suggestions on people to highlight then please pm me your ideas following the details in the link below.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.

Last edited by Mark1616; Sep 21, 2010 at 1:47 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:27 AM   #38

Mark if you want the 'heads up' on a budding one...I'll post a few pis now that my internet speed is better.

In 10 years you can then look back and...

1) look at the improvement..
2) say that he is about a third of the way there...
3)
4) How long has he been dead??
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:47 AM   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
mark if you want the 'heads up' on a budding one...i'll post a few pis now that my internet speed is better.

in 10 years you can then look back and...

1) look at the improvement..
2) say that he is about a third of the way there...
3)
4) how long has he been dead??
lol.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:06 PM   #40

Mark,
I must say that I, for one, am sure glad I got a chance to read this thread. I want to comment on Kevin's commentary. This is why people succeed in my opinion. The willingness to share one's life experiences with others with out really asking anything for themselves is, I think, a key to the success. It is a mind set.. A philosophy of sorts, that reflects the inner charactor. It is as rare find indeed to see one possessing this, and even rarer to see someone able to identify it as Mark has aparently been able to do. My best wishes for your continued success Kevin, and while you have some great photography skills I admire your spirit and inner light just as much.

Frank