Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:40 AM   #1

Default Apsley Falls

2010 was heralded in with three weeks of torrential rain in the New England Tablelands region of New South Wales. During this time we visited Walcha and the Apsley Falls in the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. The falls were spectacular! #1 and #5 are mine, the others were taken by Mark (Nikon D3000). Exif data embedded.

# 1 which I submitted for this fortnight's BiWeekly challenge 'Making Music and Sound'

Name:  1-p1030163b_250w.jpg
Views: 1670
Size:  250.5 KB

# 2

Name:  2-dsc_0016b_250w.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  250.5 KB

# 3 downstream from the falls

Name:  3-dsc_0061b_252w.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  252.7 KB

# 4 upstream the flooded Apsley River had washed away the foot bridge which gave access to the walks on the other side of the gorge

Name:  4-dsc_0055b_244w.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  244.6 KB

# 5 the spray drift above the falls

Name:  5-p1030199b_249.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  249.9 KB

We're going back in late August, but don't expect to see such action this time - the falls could even be almost dry.

Bernice
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2010, 6:34 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
2010 was heralded in with three weeks of torrential rain in the New England Tablelands region of New South Wales. During this time we visited Walcha and the Apsley Falls in the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. The falls were spectacular! #1 and #5 are mine, the others were taken by Mark (Nikon D3000). Exif data embedded.

# 1 which I submitted for this fortnight's BiWeekly challenge 'Making Music and Sound'

Attachment 159440

# 2

Attachment 159441

# 3 downstream from the falls

Attachment 159442

# 4 upstream the flooded Apsley River had washed away the foot bridge which gave access to the walks on the other side of the gorge

Attachment 159443

# 5 the spray drift above the falls

Attachment 159444

We're going back in late August, but don't expect to see such action this time - the falls could even be almost dry.

Bernice

Bernice,

The first picture here is quite giddying(?) Nothing for people with fear of heights. Often wondered what it is that is pulling from below.

The last picture also great, simple and clean

//T

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:44 PM   #3
spy

#5 is my favourite as it has a mystic feel to it.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:29 PM   #4

Thanks for your comments Torgny and spy. We'd visited the falls before and marvelled - but with the flooding they were particularly impressive this time.

Torgny you have every right to feel giddy. That's a 65 metre drop. (wikipaedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apsley_Falls )

We were hoping to be able to get round the other side of the gorge and on to the second falls when we go back in late August but the bridge may not have been replaced by then.

Cheers

Bernice