Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:30 PM   #11

Just like Bryant Park very much. We spend some time in the park each time we are around
Your pictures just make me want to go back again to NYC.

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:01 PM   #12

Thank you, mipo. I'm glad you enjoy your visits to NYC.

#4) I took this picture of the 6th Avenue and 42nd Street corner of Bryant Park yesterday when it stopped raining. The new Bank of America Tower is in the background
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:05 PM   #13

Can I ask... did you put some kind of a finishing touch on them, or is it just the effect of the rain? The first one and the one with the carousel especially look almost like they are really fine paintings instead of photographs. Beautiful shots, by the way.
kaaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:56 PM   #14

Hi, Kaaryn. I think it's mostly just the rain. I did use Topaz Detail which brings out detail in terms of sharpness and Dynamic Photo HDR which in essence brings detail from too dark and too bright spots. Neither changes the texture as, say, Topaz Simplify and Topaz Clean which have filters that turn photos into oil or water color paintings.

I think maybe it looks like a painting because the rain produced an atmosphere that gradually turns objects hazy as their distance increased, something that's hard to create using Photoshop (or any pp tool, I would say).

Thanks a lot for the compliments. If it's any help, for comparison maybe, below is the middle unprocessed shot.

#5)
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:45 PM   #15

great pics as per usual
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:07 AM   #16

Thanks, kazuya.

#6) From the same position in #4, I turned around and took this.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:17 AM   #17

this is why i love your pictures so much, i live in a small town surrounded by countryside, so what i think when imagine a city is grey dull lifeless buildings, but your pictures are so colourfull and full of life, in fact quite the opposite to what i imagine, you really make me want to visit NY, in fact im goint to as soon as ive saved enough airmiles
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:08 AM   #18

Thanks again, kazuya. I hope you get to make the trip soon.

#7) This and the next pic were taken the day after the rainy days, when sun was forecast. In the early morning, however, rain didn't seem to want to go away and surprised many New Yorkers on their way to work, including yours truly. This is the north-west corner of Bryant Park.

#8) By noon, however, the sun was back. With rain being my companion for the past couple of days, I have developed a new appreciation for it. While the sun brings us colors, the rain deepens them. Today is supposed to be sunny again and so I can't help but feel depressed. I miss the rain...