Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:47 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 447
Default

Excellent work. You have a very good imagination, and a keen minds eye.
emptyquiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:56 PM   #22
Super Moderator
 
Hards80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,046
Default

this last one is stunning kevin. worth the setup time and risking life and limb to bears in my opinion
__________________
MyFlickr
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:16 PM   #23
spy
Senior Member
 
spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,129
Default

Thanks again to all that have left comments. Appreciate them very much!
Hards thanks for your vote to live dangerously. At least next week I'll be able to see better with the moon's light. I have an old graveyard to visit next! 8^)
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:52 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,585
Default

I would say 99% of us define the term 'picture taker'. We simply take pictures. Kevin, you and the rest of the 1% define the term 'picture maker'. Its always a pleasure.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:10 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
toshi43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vernon BC Canada
Posts: 1,618
Default

Wow, that's breathtaking. I've seen that church before, but never like this. BTW, you still haven't told us how you got the steeple to bend over like that.
__________________
Fujifilm FinePix HS10, Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Pentax E-80 P&S, Sunpak auto383 flash, Optex slave flash, Velbon VGB3 heavy-metal tripod, TechPro TP-242 tripod with B62 ballhead, assorted filters and other bits.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:20 PM   #26
spy
Senior Member
 
spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,129
Default

Thanks Bynx, nice compliment. Toshi43, I guess I forgot to mention that part. The steeple is falling over as the church roof is collapsing in the middle as well as the whole church is leaning heavy to one side.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 2:05 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
SharpShotGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kitsap Penninsula, Washington State
Posts: 1,217
Default

The shape of the trim around the windows makes me think Russian Orthodox for some reason ....
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:14 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
I'd like to say that a meteor struck the ground right at that moment while angels sang but that would be pushing it so I'll have to settle with getting in position to wait for a train to come. It was pretty exciting to hear it coming and to make sure all the settings were right for the shot.

Thanks for commenting!
The TRAIN......that's cool..awesome thinking outta the box...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:57 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Just a quick post here, Kevin... though each deserves a thousand words of compliment!

I love the series, it is a very powerful and evocative set. I particularly like the different angles and lighting you've captured on the poor, 'left to tumble' church. Shame.

The train coming out of mist is perhaps my fav, with the tracks being 'lit up' reflecting the cloud of light. Awesome.

Cheers mate. You're a patient and very skilled fellow!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:01 PM   #30
spy
Senior Member
 
spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,129
Default

Thanks for the kind comments and I haven't been around for the last 10 days as I've been away. I hope to post some more photos soon.

Kevin
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:15 AM.