Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:50 PM   #11
spy

Great beaches there and plenty of photo opps YES! #6 is my favourite to. You have an interesting pp style.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:28 AM   #12

Hi Dustin,
Thank you, glad you like. The sky was very blue at the top and went dark when I turned to BnW, I see what your saying. Think I could have done with lightning it up some. Cheeeeeeeers.

Hi Robert Mateeeey,
Thank's for your words.
I just been on your Fliker, The Halloween pics are great, Looks like you had a real good time. Great reading the paper cuttings about the reunion too. I took a pic of a Sherman at Roscoff the ferry port in France, it might interest you it's here.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/di...ed-france.html
Robert, we spend half the year in the mountains in France, turning our old Barn into a house and the other half (winter) in a 1 bedroom Asbestos shed near the beach in Cornwall. The idea was we would move to France but we've got to like hoping from 1 to the other. Think were not very good at making decisions, but don't quote me on that cos I'm not sure. Cheeeeers Mattteeeeyy.

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your comments, much appreciated. Yes there is a world of opportunity here for pics. I was thinking of getting a dSLR for Christmas but I'm feeling this compact is great and theres a lot more I could be doing with it. I'm tending to shoot everything the same way using wide and trying for perspective to make some impact but I'm thinking I need to try and think differently and try some different angles etc or my pics might end up all looking the same. So Ill try and concentrate on composition for a while rather than lots of new buttons n things.
Thanks Guys for the replies.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 4:06 AM   #13

I like everything about #7. The composition and pp makes it 'feel' like one of those old-fashioned beach holidays where you could spend hours just poking around in the rock pools with no other demands on your time.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:46 AM   #14

Hi Martin,
Thank you, That sounds great, beach pools and no other demands on time. thank you.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:45 AM   #15

Hi Mark: While all are interesting compositions, I like the composition of #1 the best, with the large rock in the lower left tilting toward the buildings in the upper right.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:21 AM   #16

Mark, I like #1. Like what you did PP with it. Thanks for sharing your part of the world with me. (What on earth do you do for a living that you can live in two countries)?
Frank
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 4:08 PM   #17

Hi Steven,
Thank you, Glad you like them, mucho appreciated.

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your comments thats great.
"(What on earth do you do for a living that you can live in two countries)?"
I'de love to say something exotic or interesting but it's not really. We sold everything we had and bought a derelict house in the city then converted it to a fish n chips shop.
Once we got it up and running we converted the rest of the house into a couple of flats whilst we lived in a caravan in the garden. We then took the caravan to France in lived in it for 3 summers whilst converting an old barn into a house. We got an inside toilet now, yippeeee. For 3 years we used a trench across the garden.
We live quite a basic lifestyle and try to keep costs down so we can be in both countries, it sounds a bit more affluent than it is. To be honest theres been a lot more Effluent than affluent. Fish n chips saved the day.
Now we live in an Asbestos 1 room shed 35m2 when were in England but it's close to the beach and we like it. No big screen tv's, en-suits, or central heating here. Cheers Frank.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:58 PM   #18

lovely beaches. how i wish i could find like this beach. what i always see it white sand...i wanna see some rock along the shore.
carrollove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 4:56 PM   #19

Hi Carrol,
Thank you for your comments.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:44 PM   #20

Hi Mark

Interesting work on these. I actually like photo 1 - good balance and feel to it. Some of the others - the sky / colours are a bit 'off' - and I nearly always like photos that speak 'real' to me. (Of course that is a very personal thing- just sharing).

I think photo 6 has huge potential, but that black at the top of the photo spoils it for me as it doesn't look natural (unless it was a UFO / special cloud?)

Lovely coastline there. Good to hear about your life (i.e. how you live / prioritise, etc).

Thanks again for sharing.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote