Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 21, 2010, 5:07 AM   #21

lovely set of images , very evocative, . its funny how we all see and compose a vista in a different way.
The first image for instance. I feel there is almost too much going on in the frame. Its very dramatic but there are two many points of interest for my eye and I find my eye being constantly drawn away from the point of interest ( tomb stone)? to the powerful perspectives on both sides of the church. With my eyes never being able to settle for long enough to feel comfortable

I couldn't help experimenting with a little judicious cropping and feel that there are several other excellent compositions to be had here. What do others think ?
Attached Images

Earleybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:58 AM   #22
spy

Hey Mark, stop imagining how it would look if I did the light painting and go out and do it. All you need is a friend to go with you, some coffee, good flashlights, tunes and a half to full moon lighting up the foreground and surrounding area. Just make it happen my friend and blow us all away!!
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:18 PM   #23

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorman View Post
4 Brentor, flowers at the door

condorman,

Very brave, very unconventional. You have two full fledged masterpieces here. I won't tell you which though . I think you know it yourself. Grandioso

//T

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
condorman,

Very brave, very unconventional. You have two full fledged masterpieces here. I won't tell you which though . I think you know it yourself. Grandioso

//T
Torgny, my picks would be numbers 6 and 10.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:34 PM   #25

Hi Earleybird,
Thank you for your positive comments. I like the crops you have done. I see what you mean about the first pic having so many things trying to grab some attention and eyes not settling, Like you say we all like different things. For me there was just so much interesting stuff there I wanted it all, I really like the contrast gritty texture of the old wall though, and I quite like looking around in that pic at the points of interest.
There is an advert on tv here it shows a dynamic car interior then it makes lots of crop frames inside the main picture picking out dynamic compositions within the main picture. There are lots and it's an amazing advert.

Hi Kevin,
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I got an old camping car that we travel back n forth to France with, I got the wife on board and were going to give it a go in the new year. My cameras not got a B setting and those post Christmas sales are on there way so I'm thinking an slr will allow a lot more possibilitys. I Got a flash light and some colored gells. going to pick up one of those manual flashguns as well I often see them for a few pounds. Cant wait to have a go, it's another world. Cheers Buddy.
Thanks Chums.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:48 PM   #26

Hi Torgny,
Thanks so much for the amazing feedback, very much appreciated.

Hi Robert,
6 and 10 for me too, next for me would be 1. wonder if were right.

Cheers Chums.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:13 PM   #27

I would have to agree with Robert, 6 and 10 are outstanding. Really! I like the flowers at the front door also very moody. Great shooting Mark
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:38 AM   #28

Whayyy Cheers Frank, Thank you very much for the kind words.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:18 PM   #29

Mark, I was asking about Barnstaple because thats the town of my paternal grandmother. I have her original birth certificate and its a hoot to read. I did spend some time in Devon but just never got to Barnstaple. Next time.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:53 PM   #30

Hi Bynxy,
Ahaaaa, I seee, I hope you got on ok with the local dialects. I find most people associate my accent with farmers. Maybe it's the Ooo areee, or my straw hat ( over the silver one).
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000