Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 25, 2010, 8:16 AM   #11

Thank you, all.

#7)

#8)
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:56 PM   #12

Tell you what, vvcarpio - the "Wonderland-influence" you are talkin about has always been there with you, struggling to get out. Hesitant at first - probably unsure of yourself and afraid of viewers reactions - to start with, but becoming more bolde as time went on and as you gathered more confidence in your photography.

Now you are a photographic artist with your very own style and expression - and this is what you should be!

I have been away from Steve's for almost a year now, and I can really see the change in your style of pictures. You cannot deny the artist within yourself - so don't hold back and keep posting these wonderful, colorful, fresh and sometimes mysterious photos of NYC and the sourrounding state.

I love them - I may not always agree with some of them and thus envy you your courage to post them - but I love them for what they are!

For instance - In your other series - Three New York City Landmarks... there is this shot of the Chrystler building which is just phenomenal and astounding! ;o)

This "bridge-across-the-pond"-shot - # 4 in this here series is perfect, and would be a beautiful poster.

Take care and carry on following your own gut-feeling - it's a good one!

Best regards,
Walter from Norway
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:48 PM   #13

Hi, Walter. I think I didn't come up with my "boldness" on my own -- it was fueled by steves-digicamers' comments.

Sometime ago, someone (I think it was Bhammit) referring to my part of NY state said I have a beautiful area to photograph. Then from others' comments I got the impression that there are plenty to photograph in NYC. Living and working here I guess I've come to ignore them.

So, I wouldn't say I was challenged (it's hardly a challenge when all these wonderful sceneries around me have their knuckles knocking on my forehead saying hello-are-you-blind-?) but, pardon my use of the word, I felt I'd be a "sissy" photographer if I didn't spot them. Sometimes I would stare at a fire hydrant and wonder what they mean.

In any case, many times, the shots I liked best are when I just sat on a bench, propped my gorillapod-mounted camera to my side, then started pointing it around to see what would frame up in the LCD display.

That's why I say my "boldness" is fueled by comments here. The shots are already all around me. I just have to deliver.

I appreciate your calling me an "artist". However I think you're the true artist in that you're born one. If I am an "artist" it would be acquired. Through brute force I might add.

But I'll take the compliment. I have the passion (obsession might be a better word) after all. I've seen some who have the passion to sing but, nuh-uh, singing, some would say, don't have a reciprocal passion for them.

Thanks a lot, Walter. It's a good feeling to be complimented especially by you.

#9) This was the shot I was making before the couple in #4 sat. I don't think they realize how romantic the bridge looked from where I was.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:14 AM   #14

Wow, lovely shots! This last picture #9 is my favourite. But hard to choose.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:21 AM   #15

Thanks, Istvan84.

#10)
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:05 PM   #16

Wow! Great series. Wonderful colors. Love the bridge scene.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 6:09 PM   #17

Thanks a lot, Walter.

#11) This is really the last of the pics I took. I was only there on my lunch break. I wanted to take a picture of the colorful variety of sidewalk merchandise but there were just so many people. It didn't come out the way I hoped it would.

#12) I thought I'd try Topaz Simplify's BuzSim preset on #3.