Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:29 PM   #11

Thank you all, for the compliments, comments, and humor. Especially the humor .

schent1, yes they are HDRs -- but only the foregrounds. The skies are from single exposures. I process the sky separately from the foreground because clouds move across frames.

Basically I do HDR using 5 or more images. I then cut out the foreground from the HDR edit using Topaz Detail and paste it on one of the 5 images -- the one with the best looking sky. I use Topaz Adjust to treat the sky and use Topaz Detail on the foreground.

#4) The damp marshes behind me (where I came from) while taking pictures of the lake.

#5) You can't really get to the water because of the shrubs and grass on the edge of the lake. I suppose if you've only gone to "maintained" parks like Central Park, this would be an eye-opener -- a reality check of sorts -- as this is how untamed Mother Nature really looks.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:55 AM   #12

Fantastic beautiful shots. All are stunning but esåecially 1&3.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:11 PM   #13

Thanks, Daniel.

#6) Another approach to Highland Lakes State Park. This one is from Inwood Lane. while The previous pictures were from Tamms Road.

#7) Stream along the trail.

#8) This barn is not in Highland Lakes State Park but nearby. There are many like it in the area.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:59 PM   #14

I agree that #3 is appealing, Kinda reminds me of kansas but has more hills Frank
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:21 AM   #15

Thanks, Frank. Yes, this part of Orange County is very country-like.

But that is changing as more and more city-dwellers move in which, I admit, I'm one. There is a rift between the locals and the migrants -- this was confirmed to us by a reporter for the county's local newspaper -- and I don't blame the locals. City-dwellers don't adopt the locals' ways but instead bring their lifestyles in. We have new neighbors from the city that, because of the distance and countryside atmosphere, treats their new home as a vacation spot for relatives and friends from the city. They have sleepover parties every weekend and sometimes I'd stand in front of my lawn with my hands on my hips looking at them to please turn down their loud music. Fortunately at least, they do. I guess that's the disadvantage of being just a stone's throw away from New York City.

#9) This is a private lake along Hufcut Road, close to the picture of the barn in #8. I am technically trespassing as I went a few paces past the "no hunting" sign. This is one of the reasons why I prefer taking landscape pictures at sunrise -- people are still in bed.