Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Landscape Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos-15/)
-   -   When everyone else sleeps..... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/landscape-photos/181108-when-everyone-else-sleeps.html)

spy Dec 7, 2010 11:25 PM

When everyone else sleeps.....

4 Attachment(s)
Before going back to B.C. to one of my favourite spots, I had some time to ponder how I would photograph the old abandoned church on Notch Hill Rd in Sorrento, B.C. for the next photo opp. Time is running out for this old structure and as the town folk are ok with letting this 100 year old piece of history fall to the ground, I had a sense of urgency to capture more images of it and this time during heavy snow fall with an approaching train.

I went out to location several times during my 10 days out there all between 1am and 4:30am

Hope you like em!

Kevin
www.poetryofmotion.com

Walter C Dec 8, 2010 12:17 AM

An eerie sight to be sure, with #3 my favorite in the series followed by #4. I notice that you kept to a safe distance yourself.

spy Dec 8, 2010 12:36 AM

Glad you liked them Walter. If you think this looks eerie, the grave yard is even better.

Shutterbug74 Dec 8, 2010 1:00 AM

I like the series on the old church (other postings and this set combined). Although #4 really calls out to me in this set. It has a very angelic feel to it. I love what you've done with them.

On a side note, as a lover of old buildings, barns and older cars (Think I was born in the wrong time period), it's too bad the church will eventually be destroyed.

Hawgwild Dec 8, 2010 1:00 AM

Nice Kevin, I like all of them, but the last two, especially the third, are worthy of a Stephen King movie poster!

Wizzard0003 Dec 8, 2010 1:56 AM

Yes, Stephen King and #3 would go together well...! ;)

Great work as always, Kevin...! :)

Steven R Dec 8, 2010 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzard0003 (Post 1175877)
Yes, Stephen King and #3 would go together well...! ;)

Great work as always, Kevin...! :)

Well said.

squirl033 Dec 8, 2010 3:12 PM

wow... #3 is AMAZING! well done, Kevin! looks like something from "Close Encounters...". what was the light source behind the church? must've been pretty bright to shine through the windows like that... my only niggle is that it's a bit too "centered"... maybe a bit less of the light on the right, and a bit more of the snow on the left? otherwise, a stunning "Stephen King" shot...

Acapulco Dec 8, 2010 3:22 PM

lovely series as always, Spy !

spy Dec 8, 2010 4:24 PM

Thanks again for the comments. They're always nice to read.
Rocky, the light source is from an approaching train. Their head lights are as bright as aircraft landing lights added to the falling snow made this photo. It's quite a sight seeing the light beams through the windows just before passing by.

I only need one more shot like this but in a dense thick fog. During the last time I was out there, I had one chance at it but the train never came :0(
Kevin