Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:17 PM   #11

Wow now that is different... Purple water makes one think acid water!! and it seems to be making the world go on a change of color. Wonder what it would do to the oil as well....as our food stuffs!? DId you see any Country Cottages while out and about?
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:22 PM   #12

Interesting series; I like the old bridge shot the best. You must be having fun with your new camera.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Wow now that is different... Purple water makes one think acid water!! and it seems to be making the world go on a change of color. Wonder what it would do to the oil as well....as our food stuffs!? DId you see any Country Cottages while out and about?
Hi Nora,
There were no old cottages around the bit I was at, but there are some dotted around the National Park.
I,m not sure if I have a duff Polarizer or if they all do that. It also when turned can make a vertical split in the pic turning one side blue and the other green, which is ok if it's horizontal land and sky but not good vertical. I cant really see the difference ttl until I put it on screen and turn the saturation right up. Think Ill try putting some marks on the filter so I can line it up. Not sure if that will work though. I,m color deficient so it all looks similar.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Interesting series; I like the old bridge shot the best. You must be having fun with your new camera.
Hi Steve,
Cheers, I am having fun. Just getting used to it now.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:01 PM   #15
spy

Your landscape is very interesting causing me to take awhile to look at your photos. I haven't known of a polarizer to cause drastic changes in color like that. You mentioned being "color deficient"....do you mean your color blind or challenged in that area?
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 3:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
Your landscape is very interesting causing me to take awhile to look at your photos. I haven't known of a polarizer to cause drastic changes in color like that. You mentioned being "color deficient"....do you mean your color blind or challenged in that area?
Hi Kevin, Thank you.
hummmm, the Polarizer is an e bay special. I have another and will compare the 2. But I like the sound of the effect for some pics.
Yes Color Blind, but people seem to be calling it color deficiency nowadays.
I can see some colors but cant differentiate between many and see things more tonal unless the saturation is turned right up. I get my wife to tell me if she thinks I've warmed a pic too much as adding red makes very little difference to me. I thought it was going to be a pain with photoshop but I,m setting some presets and writing down limits for saturation etc so hopefully things wont look too crazy.
I started life as a tv / radio repair man, it wasn't one of my best decisions
mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:23 PM   #17
spy

Being deficient in seeing colour and yet learning to pp your photos causes me to take my hat off and applaud you for not letting that keep you from discovering what you can do.

I raise my glass to you Mark!!

Kevin
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:14 AM   #18

Thank's Kevin,
When I left school I was given a huge list of jobs "I couldn't do" because of the color deficiency,everything from sweeping the roads to electrical work. At 16 with little confidence it was a huge blow, but thinking about it now, I think they did me a favor. At first I felt broken by it all.
After a while I became real determined to prove I could do these things. I started welding and making 1 off motorbike frames for chopper bike gangs, then built a couple of houses from the first brick to the finished article all on my own and all the time driven by the words of the school employment officer " you'll never be able to work" I think I was lucky though.
Thank you Kevin.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:44 AM   #19

Excellent pictures.

My wife and I spent the past 2 weeks watching Doc Martin on DVD's . Love the show and the Cornish scenery is wonderful. As a Cornish photographer do you have any photos of Cornwall.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 2:34 PM   #20

Hi Les,
Thank you for your kind comments.
Aaaa Doc Martin, A funny show.I think they over cooked the accent a tad It sounds more like a mix of Cornwall Bristol to me.
I,m on the Cornish side of the border with Devon. There is a lot of wonderful scenery here and all within a short distance. I never realized until I got a camera and looked around how may interesting things there are in such a small area.
Most of the pics I,m taking are of South east Cornwall although sometimes I grab my passport and go over the border into Devon.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000