Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:38 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default The City With A Telephoto Lens

No fake - true colours
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

It is with great sadness I see Photography being compromised by too much processing. The risk is that you don't even open your eyes when something really original is presented.

Too many of the "shots" (What a stupid word) posted on forums should be posted in Digital Art sections

Photographers have a special responsability visavis the reality. It's a question of morality. We are not playing here, are we? Trying to depict reality is the hallmark of Photography

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:04 AM   #3

And a wide angle lens. Light changes from one minute to another
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:22 AM   #4

Picture number three. Do I have to desaturate this one too? Don't want to be mistaken for an imposter. It's a discussion forum, isn't it? :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Photographers have a special responsability visavis the reality. It's a question of morality. We are not playing here, are we? Trying to depict reality is the hallmark of Photography
Oh, oh... some dangerous, slippery statements here, Mr. Torgny.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Oh, oh... some dangerous, slippery statements here, Mr. Torgny.
Da, Tavaritj Ordo,

You pass the authenticity test by a large margin :-) My remarks is a variation of the "Wolf syndrom"

//Tavaritj

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post

Outch! I think you are on thin ice here - Torgny!

Also - You put a lot of resposibility on my shoulders - which I am not prepared to carry. I want to be free of reality-burdens, I want to express myself - in photography - for something bigger, or higher than reality.

I shed the clutches of reality and seek the romantic, the dreamlike, the perfect harmony (I know its only make-belive...!), the unbelivable and sometimes the supernaturals of expressions - to create a mood, a feeling, a sens of something beyond reality - you may call it escapism - I call it surviving, as I have only few illusions left.

Reality catches up with me every day, when I get up in the morning as I look into the mirror. More and more so - especially as I grow older - I want to escape from it, at least for some hours every day.

This is when I dive into photography, which gives me an escape-route I need to survive, to not loose faith in humanity and to make life bearable, as there seems to be almost no morality left in the world! A fast buck has replaced morality, I am afraid...

I think, what you should have written is:
"Photographers have a special responsability visavis the reality - If he is a photo-reporters, working for a Newspaper."

I do not want to report (depict) as it is, but as I see it or more so as I want it to be. And there is quite a difference between those two, Torgny.

Best regards,
Walter_S

Have a nice week-end in Göteborg!

Last edited by Walter_S; Jan 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:13 PM   #8

Hi Torgny

I admire you presenting something for discussion here.

In the vast majority of 'photography' (and in general, in life) - I wish to express reality, and to see it in others. The 'paintings', scupltures, etc I like best, are those which look life like (maybe from a distance, or from an angle).

So I think I hear what you're saying. There are many photos that are truly over post processed. Some have so much added saturation they almost hurt my eyes. The subtlty of colour, light, composition is often very difficult to share, but it's special. There are also many parts in nature which are truly vibrant colours. (like a flower, a plant caught in the sunlight, blue skies, sunsets / sunrises, and e.g. your skies).

I do take the point too that photography can present something that our eyes at times can't do (e.g. such a thin depth of field) - which can be useful to show, capture.

Anyway, I like your photos above. Especially the composition of photos 1 and 2, and colour of the sky in photo 3.

Can you please clarify, were you taking some photos a short time apart, and demonstrating the different light (e.g. difference between photo 3 and 4) or desaturating?

Cheers.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:35 PM   #9
spy

Though I can appreciate your hostile mood Torgny as they are your feelings, I'm not about to tell you to not feel that way.

However, I will say that I DON'T post on your forums pointing out how plain your photos are or find some essay on the web articling on 'People Who Have No Imagination'and tuck it in somewhere on your threads. I DON'T send you a PM telling you to "watch your mouth" as you've done with me when I offered kind suggestions to Sharpshotgal. I DON'T go on your threads getting all hormonal making comments you might be getting a "big head" and that I'm getting tired of your thread when you've got 14+ posts commenting how great your plain photos of grass are.

You refuse to clarify your comments to my posts when asked by either myself or the site Moderator and I simply do not know where your coming from when you do comment on my threads. I don't know if your trying to kill me with kindness; coming through the front door with your dagger or through the back door.

You've never treated others with your special kindness as you have with me......at least I've not read any....and I already know according to you I'm the "poster boy" of fake or imposter but I really don't care. You do not define me.

However Torgny, with all this said, I do wish you well....keep posting, your photography is very much liked by many people.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Outch! I think you are on thin ice here - Torgny!

Also - You put a lot of resposibility on my shoulders - which I am not prepared to carry. I want to be free of reality-burdens, I want to express myself - in photography - for something bigger, or higher than reality.

I shed the clutches of reality and seek the romantic, the dreamlike, the perfect harmony (I know its only make-belive...!), the unbelivable and sometimes the supernaturals of expressions - to create a mood, a feeling, a sens of something beyond reality - you may call it escapism - I call it surviving, as I have only few illusions left.

Reality catches up with me every day, when I get up in the morning as I look into the mirror. More and more so - especially as I grow older - I want to escape from it, at least for some hours every day.

This is when I dive into photography, which gives me an escape-route I need to survive, to not loose faith in humanity and to make life bearable, as there seems to be almost no morality left in the world! A fast buck has replaced morality, I am afraid...

I think, what you should have written is:
"Photographers have a special responsability visavis the reality - If he is a photo-reporters, working for a Newspaper."

I do not want to report (depict) as it is, but as I see it or more so as I want it to be. And there is quite a difference between those two, Torgny.

Best regards,
Walter_S

Have a nice week-end in Göteborg!

Walter,

I like your pictures very much and I fully respect your views. To me it's comforting to know that there is a world outside our minds. I'm very much interested in that world and try to dig as deep as possible.

My own mind as well as other people's minds interest me less. We are different and it's a good thing that we are different

Same to you, Walter

Torgny