Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:15 PM   #21

Good looking images. When I'm doing night shots and it's so dark i can't see, i snap a couple and adjust the camera based on what i saw. Not a good solution as the subjects in my photos sometimes tire of the wait. More flashlights will make it a lot easier. I always keep an LED clipped to me when I'm outside. That's MY flashlight.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:41 AM   #22

Wonder what a flare would look like in the building or out side ? ... I love them you bring out my princess of the night in these shots ... could there be a way to add the dense fog to the lower parts of the shots? Killer after all I read a lot of novels that the setting were of the towers and hi-way robberies lady's changing into to dare all women of the roads and these go with those memories read out of those books... AH to turn back the time to see the balls and happenings of your local area... ya really do now how to set my heart beating to that flow of excitement again.... The only thing I dont see is the woods near the moors... have they cut all the trees down over there is so we can send some seedlings from ours where there are hardly any moors.. for they are so covered with trees...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
Good looking images. When I'm doing night shots and it's so dark i can't see, i snap a couple and adjust the camera based on what i saw. Not a good solution as the subjects in my photos sometimes tire of the wait. More flashlights will make it a lot easier. I always keep an LED clipped to me when I'm outside. That's MY flashlight.
Cheers Frank, i,m getting a cheap powerfull torch at the weekend, itll last 20 mins , 1 mill candle and has a car charger for $12. got some ideas for it. a wind up led is always in the car and very usefull but not too bright. Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Wonder what a flare would look like in the building or out side ? ... I love them you bring out my princess of the night in these shots ... could there be a way to add the dense fog to the lower parts of the shots? Killer after all I read a lot of novels that the setting were of the towers and hi-way robberies lady's changing into to dare all women of the roads and these go with those memories read out of those books... AH to turn back the time to see the balls and happenings of your local area... ya really do now how to set my heart beating to that flow of excitement again.... The only thing I dont see is the woods near the moors... have they cut all the trees down over there is so we can send some seedlings from ours where there are hardly any moors.. for they are so covered with trees...
Hi SSG. Thank you.
It would be very interesting to turn back the time here. the smugglers and highwaymen etc. There are big open spaces ( thats big to us, small to you) of moorland and small areas of woodland. We could do with some more space here. And lots of old stone cottages sporadicly placed in the country.
Cheeers. Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote