Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 10, 2011, 4:12 PM   #11

Oh one more thing go here
http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html
and download NEW CS5 Script: Image Processor Pro (BETA 2.1.0)
it does everything for you

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 8:39 PM   #12

What i usually do is if i am using a cable release, i will set the camera to burst mode and then lock the button on the release down and the camera will continue to fire off as long as their is memory and battery power left. With the wireless release, you usually have to hold the button down for 3-5 seconds to initiate "bulb" mode.

I do NOT use mirror lockup as to me it adds an additional second between each exposure and since the light level is so low you shouldn't notice any difference in the photo

Depending on the amount of light falling on the scene i like to expose for 15-25 seconds. After i get back home i stack all the photos in Photoshop CS5 "File-->Scripts-->Load File into Stack" Then set each layer to lighten.

After you flatten the image you should see smooth star tails.

Hope any of this helps.

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 4:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswen View Post
What i usually do is if i am using a cable release, i will set the camera to burst mode and then lock the button on the release down and the camera will continue to fire off as long as their is memory and battery power left. With the wireless release, you usually have to hold the button down for 3-5 seconds to initiate "bulb" mode.

I do NOT use mirror lockup as to me it adds an additional second between each exposure and since the light level is so low you shouldn't notice any difference in the photo

Depending on the amount of light falling on the scene i like to expose for 15-25 seconds. After i get back home i stack all the photos in Photoshop CS5 "File-->Scripts-->Load File into Stack" Then set each layer to lighten.

After you flatten the image you should see smooth star tails.

Hope any of this helps.

-Travis-
That load file into stack takes to long as you have to do each image,, the other way is to go to file, scripts, statistics, and make sure you chose maximum
Old May 11, 2011, 10:50 AM   #14
spy

The way a shutter is lock on burst mode is by sliding the trigger switch into its locked position. That will allow you to let go of the remote cable and walk away while the camera fills up the card.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 10:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
The way a shutter is lock on burst mode is by sliding the trigger switch into its locked position. That will allow you to let go of the remote cable and walk away while the camera fills up the card.
So you just set your camera in high speed burst mode lock the trigger on the remote and thats it? thanks
Old May 11, 2011, 12:36 PM   #16
spy

Well, its not high speed. I've set the shutter speed to 30 seconds and aperture to 2.8 or whatever I'm wanting.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 12:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
Well, its not high speed. I've set the shutter speed to 30 seconds and aperture to 2.8 or whatever I'm wanting.
Yes I understand now thanks