Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 9, 2011, 7:41 PM   #1

Default Some of my stuff

Here is some of the scenes I've taken since getting the camera

This is the one I was most proud of the only thing I don't like about it is the darkness on the sides, sadly I shot this before shooting in RAW but still think it turned out good:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...y/IMG_0026.jpg

Taken with the kit lens (18-55mm)

here's another scene I shot that I like but still think I could use some improvement on

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...y/IMG_0101.jpg

Taken with the 55-250mm lens
gvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2011, 10:29 PM   #2

The blue in the first shot is indescribably blue. Beautiful. So beautiful in fact that I can't really comment on anything else without looking at the photo. I was awestruck with blue.
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 10:31 PM   #3

By the way, what kind of camera do you have?
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 12:43 AM   #4

I have a Canon T2i, was interested in getting a DSLR for awhile and my friend out in California has had that since it launched and spoke highly of it, I was going to wait to get it but back in January Best Buy had an amazing deal where I got the Camera Kit (camera and 18-55mm lens) an extra lens (55-250mm) 8GB memory card, and carrying case all that with a year warranty for under $1200 I couldn't pass it up.

That photo as I mentioned was taken with the stock lens.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:25 AM   #5

That first one is very good.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 10:49 AM   #6

gvamp,
That first photo is absolutely Perfect as far as I am concerned! Very Nicely Done! The gorgeous Blue really makes the photo!

The second photo is almost as perfect except for down on the bottom. That lighter colored object just has to go! It draws my eyes right to it and away from the beauty of your photograph!

I have a Canon 18-55 IS f/3.5-5.6 kit lens that I will never part with! I love that little lens because it takes wonderful, crisp and clear photos. In fact it takes photos that are every bit as good as my Canon 17-40 L series lens that costs way more money. Plus it has 15 mm of extra reach that sometimes is the magical equation that makes a photo. Too many people sell that little 18-55 short!

Dick
grandpawrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 8:30 PM   #7

Thanks for the comments I really apperciate them, it's good to get such positive feedback for still being new to this hobby.

I do like the kit lens too, I just wish it could get a little sharper images like the 55-250mm lens but it's still an amazing lens.

My next lens is probably going to be Canon's 100mm macro because I'm really interested in pursuing macro photography (mostly insects and reptiles)